No announcement yet.

Players Championship 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brilliant performance, laughed about the in off at the end too which gave Neil the highest break prize!

Fantastic to watch though, glad it was on terrestrial as I don't have Eurosport. Reminded me of when he equalled Hendry's 775 with the fluked yellow but even more of a party atmosphere. Didn't feel contrived either which was nice.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
      I've often said no player is bigger than the game - a belief I still hold - but love him or hate him O'Sullivan is so good for the game!
      Totally agree, he's taken snooker to a whole new level and we should enjoy him while he's around.

Wonder if the Sports Personality thing will ever happen, surely there's nobody more prolific in any sport.

Comment

• What a string of breaks in that final , great stuff .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• JP should design a new cue named after Ronnie...
          "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
          National Snooker Expo
          25-27 October 2019
          http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

• Good final. Players lose to O'Sullivan all the time with that scoreline by basically cracking under the pressure and missing all kinds of balls, but as Robertson said, he didn't really do all that much wrong today. He could have played better safety I suppose, because leaving those tempters from distance for O'Sullivan cost him dearly...

Congratulations to O'Sullivan for yet another title and a good performance to win it. Apart from a mediocre performance against Higgins, he never looked like losing at any point. Nice to see him speaking so well at the end as well, to make up for some of his obnoxious behaviour earlier. :wink:

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

well done ROS

will it ever be matched?
            It's a nice achievement, but personally I think it gets way too much attention, precisely because so many players who are nowhere near as good as O'Sullivan in breakbuilding will have an easy time matching it in the coming years, with so much snooker to be played. 1000 is just a number that will probably be left way behind by O'Sullivan himself and by the players of the future, but the memory of O'Sullivan's brilliance will survive for a long time. :smile:

Comment

• Does MJW slip down to no. 3 now?

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                Does MJW slip down to no. 3 now?
                Yep, ROS No 2.

Comment

Does MJW slip down to no. 3 now?
                  Yep, Ronnies now world no.2
                  National Snooker Expo
                  25-27 October 2019

Comment

• Sheffield's going to be very competitive. So many players in form this season.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

well done ROS

will it ever be matched?

Oh and for winning the tournament
                      It will be matched, by Judd and Ding for sure, possibly Robertson and Selby too from the current crop and who knows from the future.

I don't think it will be as common as suggested earlier in the thread. Won't ever be attained in such style either, difficult to top winning a ranking tournament and total clearance (including the white ).

Yes, I know that means it technically wasn't a total clearance!

Comment

• Originally Posted by vilkrang View Post
                        It will be matched, by Judd and Ding for sure, possibly Robertson and Selby too from the current crop and who knows from the future.
                        I'm not so sure, I don't see the longevity with Judd and especially Ding, plus in terms of "beating" Ronnie's total, who knows how many he'll end up on when it's all said and done, it could be too many for anyone to catch, at the minute it's 'all if's-and-but's' though.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vilkrang View Post

I don't think it will be as common as suggested earlier in the thread. Won't ever be attained in such style either, difficult to top winning a ranking tournament and total clearance (including the white ).

Yes, I know that means it technically wasn't a total clearance!
                          From Cuetracker:

Robertson (37!!) 616
                          Judd (29) 595
                          Selby (35) 572
                          Ding (31) 496

Robertson is much older than I assumed!

From that list I'd say Trump is all but guaranteed to match it, but not convinced the other 3 are safe bets (on the assumption not all players play on much into their 40's...if they all do then yeah they probably will).

Comment

Sheffield's going to be very competitive. So many players in form this season.
                            Longer matches...
                            It's Ronnies to lose.
                            National Snooker Expo
                            25-27 October 2019

Comment

• Originally Posted by vjmehra View Post
                              From Cuetracker:

Robertson (37!!) 616
                              Judd (29) 595
                              Selby (35) 572
                              Ding (31) 496

Robertson is much older than I assumed!

From that list I'd say Trump is all but guaranteed to match it, but not convinced the other 3 are safe bets (on the assumption not all players play on much into their 40's...if they all do then yeah they probably will).
                              I'd be surprised if Ding or Trump didn't get to 1000 (beating Ronnie is another question as he's far from finished, but I think Judd might).

Robertson and Selby will have their work cut out, I think Selby has a better chance than Robertson of getting there there as he has the tactical game required for longevity and he will always make a few centuries. I also didn't realise Robertson was so old! Thought he was 33/34ish.

Comment

• Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                                Longer matches...
                                It's Ronnies to lose.
                                Yeah, he is not so good in the longer format.

Comment

Working...
                                X