X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't know that.

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
      Mis-read the post , I thought he was ranked 17th .

Gilbert sweating on his Crucible spot then .
      The 17th for Brecel was referring to this year alone. He's actually ranked 13th on the official two year rolling list.

Gilbert is sweating only because of Donaldson. Donaldson needs to win the tournament to make the top 16 and qualify directly for the WC. If Donaldson loses the semi-final or final Gilbert is in. It's looking pretty good for him. I don't think there's much chance that Donaldson beats Lisowski over 19 frames and then the winner of Robertson/Brecel over 21 frames.

Comment

• On the one year list Robertson is now 3rd only behind O'Sullivan and Allen. A win tomorrow moves him into 2nd and a win on Sunday moves him into 1st ahead of O'Sullivan. Lisowski has moved up to 9th and Donaldson and Brecel up to 17th and 18th. I think Brecel has way more points to defend next year, so Donaldson with a good year in 2019-20 can get close to a top 16 spot. Before this run at the CO Brecel was going into next year in danger of falling out of the top 30 without some very good results. This definitely takes some of the pressure off of next year.

Comment

• On the official two year list Donaldson has moved up to 39th. (he had a very bad 2017-18) A win tomorrow moves him up to 25th and a win on Sunday in the final moves him up to 16th bumping Gilbert from that spot. Because of the huge prize money this week and in the WC its possible to make a quick jump up the rankings. I just think it's a bad idea to have the biggest Asian tournament just before the WC. Even having it in early March would be better than having it now.

Comment

• And Murphy only has 65k this year, meaning he is defending 250k next season.... (approx and subject to my dodgy maffs)

It does seem an odd time for this sort of Prie Money, surely the highest should be spread through the season like (Hearn's models) golf and tennis?

Also it would be better if last season's carry over was half, imho ie in last 12 months 100% and 12-24 months 50%.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              and then when he got a new cue his play went down, and he returned to his old cue before getting another new cue early 2018 and again his play did suffer but he worked through it.

Play is one thing but compete and win is a whole other thing

And I remember Shaun Murphy in interview specifically about his cue saying something like "it is just a bit of wood" and when that cue broke he went to pants for most of a season.
              Ahah true that, how ironic.

Comment

• What was looking like a dud tournament for me, 3 of my fav players are in the semis !

should be good

Comment

• what an entertaining first session, Lisowski taking the last frame with a very coolly taken 136
                  Scott has a mountain to climb
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Not a mountain Dean.......an entire range !
                    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• His head went AWOL really early and Jack gave him the one he won...

Neil is starting to look fatigued, imho. He has gone deep in a lot this season, so may not be the force in Sheffield that many think he will be....

Comment

• Neil sprints to another ranking final.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                          Neil sprints to another ranking final.
                          Blomey, if that was a sprint lol

Comment

• Hehe, I mean his run this season in general.

Comment

• This will be his first season to win 3 ranking titles if he wins in the final.

Comment

• Just finished watching the first session...
                                Jack has choked again at the final hurdle. Can't see Robertson throwing this away.
                                "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                                National Snooker Expo
                                25-27 October 2019
                                http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X