2019 World championship qualifiers and draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
    I'm in love with Rosie Vela. She's the gorgeous creature to the left of Mr. Lynne on backup vocals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEh3RJ5apIo
    :apthy: And the winner of Random Post of the Week goes to... Stony152!

... and the winner of Pleb for not Reading the Previous Posts Which Explain Said Random Post goes to.... me :redface:
    Last edited by Billy; 13 April 2019, 10:34 PM.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• A decent performance from the young man . Wonder how he managed to get invited to play in the qualifiers .
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
        A decent performance from the young man . Wonder how he managed to get invited to play in the qualifiers .
        He's ranked 105 on the 1 year list. I guess the top 128 get to play the qualifiers.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
          2018 it was 57-7 in the first round.
          2017 54-10.
          2016 54-10.
          56-8 this year.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
            He's ranked 105 on the 1 year list. I guess the top 128 get to play the qualifiers.
            Thanks for that , I don’t think that I’ve seen his name before .

Comment

Thanks for that , I don’t think that I’ve seen his name before .
              He's an amateur so must have done something to get an invite to play in qualifiers to make the entries up to 144. Much in the same way as Jackson Page, Mitchell Mann, Reanne Evans etc. Not sure if he'll be on Main Tour next season unless he's Asian under 21 Champion or something like that.

Comment

A decent performance from the young man . Wonder how he managed to get invited to play in the qualifiers .

The Chinese Billiards & Snooker Association had the right to nominate one player who would receive an invitation for the qualifiers and Pang Junxu was the one they picked.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                  56-8 this year.
                  Good fightback from Ken Doherty to hold this number. He won the last four frames against Andy Lee to win 10-8.

The two surprises for me in the first round were the losses of Stuart Carrington to Pang Junxu and of Yuan Sijun to John Astley.

Comment

• I think the second round matches will be much more competitive. I expect lots of close matches.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                      He's an amateur so must have done something to get an invite to play in qualifiers to make the entries up to 144. Much in the same way as Jackson Page, Mitchell Mann, Reanne Evans etc. Not sure if he'll be on Main Tour next season unless he's Asian under 21 Champion or something like that.
                      Pang Junxu is the CBSA nomination for the WSC qualifiers.
                      There are other qualifying categories to fill the spaces after the tour players, such as:
                      Challenge Tour top four
                      Womens top two
                      Seniors top one
                      African, Americas, Oceania champions
                      EBSA champions U18&U21 and runner-ups.
                      And WPBSA nominees

oops, missed Jim's reply from earlier
                      Last edited by DeanH; 14 April 2019, 09:29 AM.
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Good to see Ken through. Last I checked he looked like he was going out, so happy to read of the comeback.

Liang Wenbo looks like he had a good performance. 6 50+ breaks and 3 centuries. Martin Gould, Thepchaiya Un-Nooh and Yan Bingtao scored well too, with 50+ breaks and centuries in most of the frames they won. That's the kind of consistency any of these players is going to need to make an impact when the tournament starts proper. 3 centuries for Ali Carter suggests a continuation of this seasons decent form as well.

Comment

• I thought the performance of the 1st round went to Vafaei . From 4 all he won the next 6 frames and restricting Anda to a total of 18 points in those 6 frames .

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                            Good to see Ken through. Last I checked he looked like he was going out, so happy to read of the comeback.

Liang Wenbo looks like he had a good performance. 6 50+ breaks and 3 centuries. Martin Gould, Thepchaiya Un-Nooh and Yan Bingtao scored well too, with 50+ breaks and centuries in most of the frames they won. That's the kind of consistency any of these players is going to need to make an impact when the tournament starts proper. 3 centuries for Ali Carter suggests a continuation of this seasons decent form as well.
                            It can be misleading though to judge only by scoring. It's important, but you don't see which chances they were gifted by their opponent or how well their safety play was.

Comment

• Anyone got any idea why R1 losers get £10k. R2 losers only pick up another £5k? You would think it more logical for R1 losers to get £5k and R2 losers to get £10k. Does that not make more sense or am I missing something?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                                Anyone got any idea why R1 losers get £10k. R2 losers only pick up another £5k? You would think it more logical for R1 losers to get £5k and R2 losers to get £10k. Does that not make more sense or am I missing something?
                                I don't see the logic there. You're still talking about a 5k difference, so what does it matter?
                                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Working...
                                X