2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
    Where's Professor Steve Peters (Chimp Paradox)? Ronnie needs him more.
    That's who I meant. Too many Steves.
    Last edited by Stony152; 23 April 2019, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• Weird scoreline. Ronnie leads in points scored 966-775, but trails 8-7 in frames won. Seems like he hasn't been willing to scrap for the closer frames or that he's been a bit unlucky. The winner of this frame is probably going to win the match.

Comment

• I feel if Ronnie was up against a more experienced pro, he'd be out today... in a way he's lucky it's "just" James Cahill.
        "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Since Cahill fluked the black & then missed the next red he's not hit a ball in a straight line.
          :snooker:

"You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

Comment

• Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
            I feel if Ronnie was up against a more experienced pro, he'd be out today... in a way he's lucky it's "just" James Cahill.
            And if he was up against Luo or Georgiou he'd alraedy have won 10-3 or 10-4.

Comment

I feel if Ronnie was up against a more experienced pro, he'd be out today... in a way he's lucky it's "just" James Cahill.
              I think Cahill would be ahead of at least 5 or 6 or the top 16 playing as he has so far, and would have been toe-to-toe with most of the rest.

Anyway, it's the first round of the World's. Notorious stumbling block for many top players over the years. Most players just want to get it out the way so they can get into the second week. If Ronnie goes on and wins, I'd say the manner of the result has zero bearing on his chances in the later rounds.

Comment

• Taking on that long red to the corner against an obviously struggling opponent tells me that he's in a mind frame where he doesn't care if he wins or loses, but he just wants to get it over with. Maybe he really just doesn't have the desire to grind it out for two weeks in long matches. Sad to see.

Comment

• pressure black, well struck!
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Double the pink ! Why doesn't he just shake James hand and walk out ?
                    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                      Double the pink ! Why doesn't he just shake James and walk out ?
                      Wasn't he just playing the up and down safety?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                        Taking on that long red to the corner against an obviously struggling opponent tells me that he's in a mind frame where he doesn't care if he wins or loses, but he just wants to get it over with. Maybe he really just doesn't have the desire to grind it out for two weeks in long matches. Sad to see.
                        Not sure about that. He says he only plays when he wants. Surely if he didn't care about the world's and/or dislikes the tournament as much as he says, he just wouldn't turn up.

Just think he's having an average performance. It's never such a big deal when anyone else plays below par- I think people expect too much from him. I've said it before- as good as his A game is, his B or C game isn't so great, unlike someone like Selby or Higgins who can grind it out.

Comment

• Did Ronnie play the long double on that pink? I think he kinda did. Or really he just does not care...
                          "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Did Ronnie play the long double on that pink? I think he kinda did. Or really he just does not care...
                            Pretty sure he didn't. The pink would have gone half way up the side cushion if it hadn't been so close to the jaws.

Comment

• Will this be the biggest shock in Crucible history? if/when Cahill wins?

Comment

• Did RO cut his hair with a chisel?
                                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Working...
                                X