No announcement yet.

2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope Ronnie's okay. Apart from losing that match, I mean.

What a scalp for young James here. Congratulations, well done!
    "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
      It’s going to bug me now how much Hazel and the boys are going to go on and on about this. Already calling it the biggest shock in Crucible history. Why can’t they just call it for what it was? RO couldn’t possibly care less about this result.
      Cause they are right about this and call it what it was: It's definitely up there with the biggest upsets in Crucible history.

Comment

• The mental issues that Ronnie has , have quite clearly re-surfaced .

So not sure that I can moan about his attitude , his shot selection , the petulant little kid act and the apparent woe is me look etched on his face . He obviously has a dark side that is dragging him back , hopefully he can get it addressed .

Can James Cahill take much from this match though ? In terms of performance ? Or does it go down to his opponent not playing well ?

Good luck to him in the next round .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• At least I won't have to read so much nonsense written about O'Sullivan on here for the next to weeks. Result.

Comment

• Originally Posted by neuronic View Post

What a scalp for young James here.
            He also has already beaten Ding and Selby. That's not too bad.

Comment

• Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch the match and so can't pass judgment on the actual standard of play, but for me at any rate this is a great day in the history of World Championship snooker.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                At least I won't have to read so much nonsense written about O'Sullivan on here for the next to weeks. Result.
                No , but will we have to listen to him on Eurosport ? I am not sure I want to , no idea if he is even well enough to sit on the couch [ Eurosport Couch that is ] .
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                  Cause they are right about this and call it what it was: It's definitely up there with the biggest upsets in Crucible history.
                  But it’s only an upset on paper. It’s not an upset (or even a surprise) in any other context.
                  "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Well played cahill!

Comment

• Well, that was a great match for me. Another pleasant surprise from James Cahill, after his superb performances in knocking Ding Junhui and Mark Selby out of the UK Championship in the past.

I don't know if I'm doing O'Sullivan an injustice here, but I got the feeling he purposefully got the haircut and came out in a "mean" mood to try to intimidate Cahill this morning, and it was kind of amusing to see it not working at all. :smile: It's true that O'Sullivan's shot selection wasn't exactly textbook and he could have probably given himself a better chance if he'd made some better choices, but in the end he couldn't make a routine colour clearance under pressure when it really mattered, and Cahill could. If only Cahill could now push on from this result and play the same way in the next round, which is something he wasn't really able to do after his previous two big successes...

This "quarter of death" has now suddenly changed completely, because everyone will now think they only need to beat one really good opponent to get to the SF, and that's certainly doable for the likes of Ding and Maguire, let alone Trump. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                        He also has already beaten Ding and Selby. That's not too bad.
                        There ain't no bigger scalp in Snooker than Ronnies at the Worlds.
                        Although he tried to shave it clean in advance. He was sensing something, I guess...
                        "That pocket moved!"

Comment

It’s going to bug me now how much Hazel and the boys are going to go on and on about this. Already calling it the biggest shock in Crucible history. Why can’t they just call it for what it was? RO couldn’t possibly care less about this result.

In all sincerity this is not meant as disrespectful to Cahill, but RO practically handed him this match on a silver platter.

I noticed Hazel and the team are trying to make excuses for Ronnie. He was unlucky when the red went in from the pack when he potted the blue to take it to a deciding frame, but well done to James Cahill on the win and take nothing away from him. The first amateur to win a match at the crucible and he did it against the world N0 1 and five times world champion as well. Even Rob Walker trying to make excuses for Ronnie. Good luck to James Cahill against Stephen Maguire in the last 16, lets hope he copes well over three sessions and best of 25 frames.
                          Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

But it’s only an upset on paper. It’s not an upset (or even a surprise) in any other context.
                            But that's all that really counts. Maybe one in 100 experts would have picked Cahill to win that match. It's an amateur against the five times world champion and best player of the season.
                            The level of play doesn't matter at all when considering a shock or an upset.

So it's definitely an upset by any legitimate definition.

Comment

• Winner of Trump v Ding is favourite in this half

Cahill was great. I hope he plays as well against Maguire

Comment

• Quite incredible that. I'm a huge fan of O'Sullivan but full credit to young Cahill, he both played and held his nerve really well.

Comment

Working...
                                X