Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah Ronnie.....
    Probably the greatest player to date
    Probably the greatest negative effect of any player on the game.

Comment

• Why did Scott's mum let him leave the house with a haircut that the other kids at school will laugh at?

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
        Why can't some people simply accept the fact that James played better than Ronnie on the day, and give the lad the credit he definitely deserves, instead of being so mean spirited?

-
        Look, I'm taking nothing away from his win... at least not intentionally. Good luck to the lad - I hope he goes far. He faced up to RO, showed good nerve and sent him home. Great. Brilliant.

But tell me this, Pat. In all honestly where would you rate RO's performance on that day... out of 10?

You can say it's irrelevant, and maybe it is. There has to be a winner in any match and JC came up trumps. I'm just not getting the 'biggest shock in Crucible history' thing. Even some of the players when asked about the match are saying it wasn't that big of a shock.
        Last edited by Billy; 24 April 2019, 05:18 PM.
        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
          Why did Scott's mum let him leave the house with a haircut that the other kids at school will laugh at?
          My Mrs just said that he looks about twelve but what with the hair.

Comment

• Has anyone got a video of Kyren's 14 ball plant? (if you can really call it that!)
            Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
              Look, I'm taking nothing away from his win... at least not intentionally. Good luck to the lad - I hope he goes far. He faced up to RO, showed no real nerves and sent him home. Great. Brilliant.

But tell me this, Pat. In all honestly where would you rate RO's performance on that day... out of 10?
              He made 51, 86, 53, 54, 97, 104, 89, and 53. Stats wise, he was ahead on all but the overall score. So he wasn't garbage. I'd give him a 7. And I'd expect him to beat a rank outsider on that form. He didn't, because James put him under more pressure than he expected, and it caught him out. IMO.

-
              The fast and the furious,
              The slow and labourious,
              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
                Has anyone got a video of Kyren's 14 ball plant? (if you can really call it that!)
                You're not missing anything. It was maybe a four-ball plant. His opponent broke off and practically re-racked the balls. The ones that were dislodged just happen to line themselves up with the corner pocket.

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                He made 51, 86, 53, 54, 97, 104, 89, and 53. Stats wise, he was ahead on all but the overall score. So he wasn't garbage. I'd give him a 7. And I'd expect him to beat a rank outsider on that form. He didn't, because James put him under more pressure than he expected, and it caught him out. IMO.

-
                Well I say we leave it there
                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                  For some reason I get the feeling the Hawkins-Li match is not quite over at 8-1. Li is a notoriously slow starter who always fights until the end, and Hawkins often has problems closing out matches. There could still be some snooker left in that one. :smile:
                  Never mind, I was just talking nonsense. :smile:

Comment

• John Virgo said in commentary that a player left the rest on the table and the referee said it is your responsibility to place and remove the rest or extension from the table not mine. I am not sure which referee said this or to which player in which match, but it was in this years World championsip. The referee is correct in my opinion.
                    Last edited by Mr Snooker; 24 April 2019, 06:45 PM.
                    Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

• Someone asked Jan Verhass about that on twitter he said

"If there is a danger of the player fouling then we wont bother, if not then we are just helping with the flow of the game."

Comment

• When a player is snookered and there is the possibility of the ball going back why can't the ref use his ball marker or a piece of thinner plastic and leave it behind the ball but not touching?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                          Never mind, I was just talking nonsense. :smile:
                          Expected this match to be a bit closer too. Hawkins is hitting his crucible form again.

Comment

• Carter - Lisowski was actually the first rounder I was looking forward to the most. I'm curious how Lisowski will cope with Carter's matchplay.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Steve748 View Post
                              When a player is snookered and there is the possibility of the ball going back why can't the ref use his ball marker or a piece of thinner plastic and leave it behind the ball but not touching?
                              Yes, because the players would be perfectly fine having to cue over the ref's ball marker

I'm not sure if this is a genuine suggestion, but I'll play along just for the fun of it. It would interrupt play and break the player's concentration if he's having to cue over anything that's in his eyeline.

And finally they're now using the Chinese ball-tracking tech, so there should be no more arguments or deliberation about where a ball goes.

Comment

• Billy, why doesn't the ref put his finger behind the ball and have the player cue over it?

Comment

Working...
                                X