2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
    He retired after the BBC wanted to change his role a bit. I remember him getting interviewed and he said he was being asked to do guided tours of The Crucible amongst other things. He wasn't happy.
    Don't even remember that

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
      Don't even remember that
      Said folk asked him daft questions. One kid asked him how Willie Thorne got his head so shiney lol. Don't think his parting with BBC was on friendly terms.

Comment

• Originally Posted by qc2 View Post
        Looks like Robertson is betting favourite. is that a recent thing or purely down to being 2 sessions ahead of the trump/ding progress wise? I fancied Robertson going in to the tournament, his odds must've shortened loads
        I only got 4/1 for Robbo on the morning when it started, i also got 6/1 for Trump, and 9/1 for Selby

Comment

• Ominous for the rest if Selby keeps this up. He's looking comfortable and thrives on the long frame matches and pressure. I think he should be installed as the favourite now, by far the most likely to come through the section with Ronnie gone. When he reaches a final, in recent years, he nearly always wins.

Comment

• Great composure from Wilson. It's his to lose now. If he carries on playing the way he has, I can't see Selby taking the last session 6-3 to turn this around.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187
              An hour is a long time in snooker.
              Super stuff from Garry, looks as cool as the proverbial cucumber.

-
              The fast and the furious,
              The slow and labourious,
              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Mark Williams just tweeted this
                A&E. Could be hear a while, couldn’t stick the chest pains no more. Lucky there wasn’t any more frames to play.
                #bettergetcheckedoutsafethansorrry

Hopefully he is OK

Comment

• Originally Posted by bobmikeking View Post
                  Mark Williams just tweeted this
                  A&E. Could be hear a while, couldn’t stick the chest pains no more. Lucky there wasn’t any more frames to play.
                  #bettergetcheckedoutsafethansorrry

Hopefully he is OK
                  Mmm. Hope all's okay, as you say.

Surely he's gone private, though? Wouldn't have though waiting times would be an issue. Are private A&E even a thing?
                  Last edited by Billy; 26 April 2019, 06:02 PM.
                  "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post

Are private A&E even a thing?
                    Not in Sheffield they're not.

Comment

• Also, is this further evidence of the conspiracy against him by Worldsnooker? We're through the looking glass here people..

Comment

• Hope he is alright.

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                          Not in Sheffield they're not.
                          Yeah. I didn't really think that one through, did I? I can be worryingly dim at times
                          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Well done Neil, superb break to win it.

Comment

• Impressive stuff from Robertson in the first two rounds, it has to be said. I just hope he has something left for the rest of the tournament, against the really top opponents. :smile:

Comment

• Maguire gonna implode

Comment

Working...
                                X