No announcement yet.

2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selby is chewing his lips like Joe Perry's waggles his eyebrows!
    sign of pressure?
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• great steal for Gilbert to take the 16th by 69-68 to go 9-7 ahead

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        Selby is chewing his lips like Joe Perry's waggles his eyebrows!
        sign of pressure?
        Selby is not playing well at all. Let's see if he can raise his level from 12-10 down.

Comment

• Come on Gary, knock Selby out (12-10)

Comment

• I think, but am not quite eagle eyed enough to be sure, that Selby just missed a pink off the spot.

Comment

• This is maybe the worst session I've ever seen by Selby at the Crucible (didn't see much of his defeat against Perry last year). Really hope he will find a better form next season again.

Comment

• I love McManus: "As fertile a place as The Crucible garden is, sometimes it takes the brightest flower to bloom."

Comment

• great performance from Gary
                  well done

Comment

• Well played Gary.

Comment

• What a win for Wilson and a great match to watch.

Comment

• Wilson showing he has a decent all round game. Well deserved win. Selby looks less than half the player he was 18 months ago

Comment

• That took freaking bottle. Awesome break to get over the line and he didn't even seem all that excited. Like he was expecting to win. I think it also puts the Brecel match more into perspective. He outfoxed Selby more easily than Brecel.

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                            What a win for Wilson and a great match to watch.
                            Absolutely brilliant stuff from Wilson wasn't it. Can't remember ever seeing Selby so angry before.

-
                            The fast and the furious,
                            The slow and labourious,
                            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Nice win for Gary Wilson.

I actually thought Selby did everything right this afternoon, he dug deep, played some good safety at times, even put some pressure on by levelling the score, but in the end the form just wasn't there. He wasn't really able to get in from distance consistently and he missed too many easy balls, not least the red that turned out to be his last shot. Hopefully he can come back stronger next season.

So, we are guaranteed to have at least one qualifier in the semi-finals now. This quarter had two of the weakest seeds in Brecel and Lisowski, but it also had Selby and Allen, so I wasn't really expecting this. Okay, Carter has been there before, but what a chance for Wilson or Zhou Yuelong now to do something special... :smile:

Comment

• Very nice win for Wilson. Handled the situation really well in the frame to win the match. It looked ominous for Wilson when Selby won the first 3 frames this morning, but Wilson's composure and temperament helped him get over the line.
                                "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Working...
                                X