No announcement yet.

2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johns bang on on the scheduling. 12pm or 1pm start would be right then keep 7pm for the evening.

Comment

• Great interview, just wondering where do you go to watch these interviews are they up on youtube imediately are broadcast on something else,hope this isnt a daft question

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
        I was hoping for a Gilbert vs Wilson final, so I don't want either of them to win. Higgins probably deserves another WC having made three finals in a row.
        Me, too, which means I'm fairly neutral for tomorrow. If forced to choose I'd like to see Judd lift the trophy, if only because it would be his first and I can see how much he wants it.
        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Hoping for a great final over 2 days but I've got a feeling that Trump is going to blast Higgins off the table in the first two sessions leaving too much for him. 18 - 10 to Trump.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
            Hoping for a great final over 2 days but I've got a feeling that Trump is going to blast Higgins off the table in the first two sessions leaving too much for him. 18 - 10 to Trump.
            He certainly has age (and fitness) on his side.
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Like quite few others was hoping for anything but this final so I'll take 18-17 either way, Higgins probably deserves a fifth world champs though and I'm sure Judd will get a world champs one day even if he loses tomorrow, so slightly favouring Higgins.

Comment

• Originally Posted by 993porky View Post
                Great interview, just wondering where do you go to watch these interviews are they up on youtube imediately are broadcast on something else,hope this isnt a daft question
                World Snooker have a youtube page that put lots of the interviews up pretty much instantly.
                https://www.youtube.com/user/WorldSn...fficial/videos

Then sometimes the event sponsor will also put up interviews on youtube as well. So in this case Betfred
                https://www.youtube.com/user/betfredsport/videos

Comment

• . My fantasy is that one of his opponents gets out his chair and drops him with a right upercut to the jaw. That would be awesome.
                  Nope, my fantasy is much more painful to him: Higgins wins with a 10 frames gap making a 147 in the final frame including (1) break-off à la Alex Higgins vs Virgo (rare exhibition out on YouTube), (2) all reds potted right-handed and the first 15 blacks left-handed, (3) the yellow potted with a massé shot from behind the brown, (4) the green potted without bridge like Mark Williams, (5) the brown with an underarm shot that unfortunately leaves the cueball snookered between pink and black, but then he pots (6) the blue with a 5-cushion shot, (7) the pink with a no-look shot leaving the cueball dead-straight on the black, (8) the final black with a double despite being dead-straight on the other pocket.

Comment

• Originally Posted by snookerball View Post
                    Like quite few others was hoping for anything but this final so I'll take 18-17 either way, Higgins probably deserves a fifth world champs though and I'm sure Judd will get a world champs one day even if he loses tomorrow, so slightly favouring Higgins.
                    Higgins doesnt deserve a 5th world title , he should have banned for life for corruption a few years ago , i still to this day do not understand how he got away with blatant match fixing on camera , but he did , and now they were calling him the best match player in history when a month or so ago they were calling Ronnie the greatest player in history , make your mind up bbc pundits ! Rob Walker calls him into play as Scotlands greatest ever sportsman ???? You are not a sportsman when you accept bribes to lose , thats not a sportsman ! And besides which , surely Hendry must be regarded as better than him , good luck to Trump I hope he kicks his fat arse back to Scotland a loser again , he doesnt even deserve to be playing again !

Comment

• Originally Posted by Zelig View Post
                      Nope, my fantasy is much more painful to him: Higgins wins with a 10 frames gap making a 147 in the final frame including (1) break-off à la Alex Higgins vs Virgo (rare exhibition out on YouTube), (2) all reds potted right-handed and the first 15 blacks left-handed, (3) the yellow potted with a massé shot from behind the brown, (4) the green potted without bridge like Mark Williams, (5) the brown with an underarm shot that unfortunately leaves the cueball snookered between pink and black, but then he pots (6) the blue with a 5-cushion shot, (7) the pink with a no-look shot leaving the cueball dead-straight on the black, (8) the final black with a double despite being dead-straight on the other pocket.
                      Let me guess that you're not really a Trump fan.

Comment

• Originally Posted by bonoman1970 View Post
                        Higgins doesnt deserve a 5th world title , he should have banned for life for corruption a few years ago , i still to this day do not understand how he got away with blatant match fixing on camera , but he did , and now they were calling him the best match player in history when a month or so ago they were calling Ronnie the greatest player in history , make your mind up bbc pundits ! Rob Walker calls him into play as Scotlands greatest ever sportsman ???? You are not a sportsman when you accept bribes to lose , thats not a sportsman ! And besides which , surely Hendry must be regarded as better than him , good luck to Trump I hope he kicks his fat arse back to Scotland a loser again , he doesnt even deserve to be playing again !
                        Let me guess that you're not really a Higgins fan.

Comment

• I feel bad for Gilbert, but at least he got to the semi-finals and acquitted himself very well when he got there. I feel more sorry for Brecel and Un-Nooh who both lost in deciders in the first round and had leads in the deciding frame. I can't imagine being in their shoes and watching Wilson and Trump still playing long after they had been eliminated.

I guess as a professional you need to put losses behind you, but it must be really tough when you've come so close and yet lost. Especially when it's the WC and you have the off season to think about what could have been.

Comment

• Hi Stony I used to be , but I still to this day cannot get my head around how he got away with it , he claims he was terrified for his life , watch the video and tell me hes terrified , whilst hes toasting his dodgy deal over champagne . He to me is a man just motivated by money , whereas Hendry and Davis were motivated by winning . I lost all respect for him after him agreeing to miss balls for money on camera, other players have been banned for life , but as he was the world no 1 at the time I think, Barry Hearn let him off to save face for snooker and gave him a ban when there were no tournaments going on anyway . The man is probably not corrupt anymore because it scared the life out of him for being caught , but thats not the point he should have been banned 4 life , I dont respect him anymore, he shouldnt be playing in any wsa tournament let alone the WC , would like to see what Stephen Lee and Quinten Han would say ,people have short memories , its like saying that I murdered someone 10 years ago but its ok I got away with it and its in the past now , hope Trump beats him on the final black to really do his head in , but it wont really because he will still have £250000 that he never deserved .

Comment

• And the Higgins haters are throwing their toys out of their pram again...pathetic.

Comment

• Originally Posted by bonoman1970 View Post
                                10 years is probably been long enough to get over that.

Higgins sure plays some good snooker when he's on form, which is what it's all about.

Comment

Working...
                                X