No announcement yet.

2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was great timing when the camera switched to John's family as he potted the red just as his eldest son was shouting out COME ON. Having his family with him must be the biggest reason why John was so emotional during his interview.
    www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
      It was great timing when the camera switched to John's family as he potted the red just as his eldest son was shouting out COME ON. Having his family with him must be the biggest reason why John was so emotional during his interview.
      It was nice to see him saying he had planned to go to the movies with them after the match whatever the result.

Strange that they didn't ask him who he would prefer to play in the final.

Comment

• I'm loving the use of Theme From S'Express prior to the players' own walk-on music, but I reckon they missed a trick not playing the song from the start.

If they could time it with Rob Walker's introduction, imagine the first 25 seconds of this as the build up

Last edited by Billy; 4 May 2019, 07:31 PM.
        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by ManiaMuse View Post
          Strange that they didn't ask him who he would prefer to play in the final.
          Pointless, because he would be too polite to give the honest and obvious answer. :smile:

Comment

• Gilbert must have won himself some new fans, lots of people only watch the the worlds.
            I thought he spoke really well also

Comment

• Originally Posted by bobmikeking View Post
              Gilbert must have won himself some new fans, lots of people only watch the the worlds.

Great interview.

Comment

• Wonderful interview.

Comment

• Originally Posted by snookerball View Post
                  So John Higgins becomes only the 5th man in the modern era (1969 onwards) to be in 3 succesive finals.

(Ray Reardon, Steve Davis, Stephen Hendry, Jimmy White are the others)
                  Sixth.
                  Ronnie O'Sullivan also was: 2012-2014.

Even more notable: It's Higgins 8th final, tying him with Steve Davis and being one behind Stephen Hendry.

Higgins did a great job to get back into that match. I hope he will have left enough in the tank. I will be certainly rooting for him in the final.

But also sad for Dave Gilbert, who played the tournament of his life. I hope he will keep up with this. I think in a few days he will be positively about what he achieved.

Comment

• Good interview from John as well. He talks once again about scheduling at the end.

Comment

• Originally Posted by bobmikeking View Post
                      Gilbert must have won himself some new fans, lots of people only watch the the worlds.

He just lost the world semifinals in the decider and the first question is: Did you enjoy the match? Seriously???

Comment

• Again...lovely interview. Still my favorite player of all time...and personality wise as well.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                          That missed green is going to cost Gilbert the match.
                          I stand by this comment. If he had finished up last night ahead 14-10 he would have gotten over the line today.

Comment

• Think the new nickname for Gary Wilson should be Churchill the dog out of the adverts. His head wobbles and shakes so much, I'm surprised its still attached to his neck!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                              I stand by this comment. If he had finished up last night ahead 14-10 he would have gotten over the line today.
                              It wasn't as good as my prediction when I said Higgins would come back and win after Hendry wrote him off at 13-7 (or whatever it was at the time)

Okay, I got the final scoreline wrong when I said 17-14, but when Hendry writes a player off in a match, said player will go on to win.
                              Last edited by Billy; 4 May 2019, 07:51 PM.
                              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• When Judd goes into his "naughty snooker" act at the end of frames it must be really annoying to his opponents. I'm not sure what the rules are in the EPL, but in the NFL in America it's considered to be in very poor taste to celebrate excessively. He's basically rubbing it into the face of his opponent when he does that.

My fantasy is that one of his opponents gets out his chair and drops him with a right upercut to the jaw. That would be awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X