Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    Nice win for Gary Wilson.

I actually thought Selby did everything right this afternoon, he dug deep, played some good safety at times, even put some pressure on by levelling the score, but in the end the form just wasn't there. He wasn't really able to get in from distance consistently and he missed too many easy balls, not least the red that turned out to be his last shot. Hopefully he can come back stronger next season.

So, we are guaranteed to have at least one qualifier in the semi-finals now. This quarter had two of the weakest seeds in Brecel and Lisowski, but it also had Selby and Allen, so I wasn't really expecting this. Okay, Carter has been there before, but what a chance for Wilson or Zhou Yuelong now to do something special... :smile:
    Dream scenario for Ali Carter. I'll be surprised if he doesn't get through to the semi-finals.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Pot Shot View Post
      I love McManus: "As fertile a place as The Crucible garden is, sometimes it takes the brightest flower to bloom."
      The man is a poet! I've said it before. The 'is' after garden is redundant, but still great words.

[ETA] I've just heard him say it and stand corrected. With his emphasis the 'is' isn't redundant.
      Last edited by Billy; 27 April 2019, 01:10 PM.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Still Trump vs Ding and Higgins vs Bingham to look forward to in this round. Both should be very close matches.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
          Dream scenario for Ali Carter. I'll be surprised if he doesn't get through to the semi-finals.
          That would be my prediction as well, but I'm hoping we see the version of Zhou Yuelong that got the 9-2 lead against Allen with some one-visit snooker, not the version that got nervous and only just got over the line. :smile:

Comment

Still Trump vs Ding and Higgins vs Bingham to look forward to in this round. Both should be very close matches.
            Not to mention Kyren Wilson vs Hawkins. Also should be very close and exciting.

Comment

• Wilson played well indeed. I think it might actually help he played Selby in the second round. That was a match Wilson had almost no pressure (or at least as little as possible at the World Championship) in. Nobody would have expected him to win this match-up.
              I think the quarterfinal might be the phase, where he could start thinking a bit more. Therefore Carter for me is the clear favorite to come through in this section now, despite he still has his match against Zhou to play.

Comment

Still Trump vs Ding and Higgins vs Bingham to look forward to in this round. Both should be very close matches.
                Higgins - Bingham and especially Wilson - Hawkins should be very close.
                I actually think that if Ding sets himself under pressure to much, which he has certainly done before, Trump could run away with that match.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                  Higgins - Bingham and especially Wilson - Hawkins should be very close.
                  I actually think that if Ding sets himself under pressure to much, which he has certainly done before, Trump could run away with that match.
                  The last time Ding and Trump played each other at the WC, Ding won!!! I can see Ding getting to the final against Robertson.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
                    The last time Ding and Trump played each other at the WC, Ding won!!! I can see Ding getting to the final against Robertson.
                    I know. I can totally see Ding win against Trump and reach the final. (And I totally hope so, as Ding would be my personal favourite to lift the trophy this year.) I just don't think that Ding will win easily, whereas I can see him falter as well.

Comment

• Mark Williams drops into his shot like a sloth.
                      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
                        I'd love it, but I'm afraid the WC will forever evade Ding as it did JW.

I wouldn't mind a Gilbert vs Wilson final.

Comment

• Selby out
                          Robertson peaking too early ? hope not.
                          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187
                            Me neither, would mean I could spend the bank holiday with my family without thinking I'm missing out on something.
                            Tsk! You're such a cynic.

Comment

• Maguire is like a petulant child.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187
                                That fluked red could be too much for him to handle!
                                He is in front for the first time.

Comment

Working...
                                X