Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    Not for me.
    Well, you claim Kyren Wilson looks like the young Robert Mitchum, that tells a lot...
    "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
      Well, you claim Kyren Wilson looks like the young Robert Mitchum, that tells a lot...
      You are confusing me with Odrl. I was en contraire stating that I don't see a resemblance.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
        You are confusing me with Odrl. I was en contraire stating that I don't see a resemblance.
        Right. Sorry. Wasn't paying attention, had to concentrate on being annoyed by Kyrens stance and so forth...
        "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• In this match I'm rooting for Barry as well.

However my vote for the most annoying player would go to either Ronnie O'Sullivan or Judd Trump.

Comment

• I like watching Kyren, gutsy determined match player with a bit of flair. From 1 - 6 down to 12 - 11 up, at the crucible, takes some doing. Let's hope we get the decider.

-
            The fast and the furious,
            The slow and labourious,
            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Zinedine Carter wins it

Comment

• Just watching the wilson match, that is bloody annoying how he goes into the shot. Shuffle shuffle shuffle, stroke stroke stroke....

Comment

• shame for Zhou

Gary Wilson next for Carter
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• "HOW ABOUT THAT FOR CUE POWAHHHHHHHH!" Not all that impressive really considering the speed of those tables. Can do the same on a club table ffs.

Comment

• Kudos to Kyren Wilson. What a match he made here. He had to watch Barry Hawkins pull away to 6-1 without having done much wrong, but then fought back bravely and nearly always had a good answer. Good safeties, great breaks. All in all there were 9 century breaks, setting a record for the Best-of-25-stage. So far surely the match of the tournament.
                      I also expect Wilson to beat Gilbert and make the semifinal again.

A shame Zhou went down tonight. Carter - Gary Wilson is one of my least anticipated quarterfinals ever.

Comment

• Classic Crucible comeback from Kyren. This has been a cracker of tourney so far. :smile:

-
                        The fast and the furious,
                        The slow and labourious,
                        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Fantastic stuff from Wilson today to complete the job. Most players would have cracked very early in that match, including some solid top16 players, but Wilson showed again that he could very well be Selby's successor. Never gave up for a second, and he just got stronger and stronger towards the end of the match. Also, he totally does look like Robert Mitchum. :wink:

A shame these two had to meet this early, because Hawkins would have had a great chance of getting to the final if he was in the bottom half of the draw.

Well played to Carter as well, definitely handled the pressure better than Zhou in the final session. Lots of close frames that could have gone either way though, so Zhou wasn't far away from a good result here. I would expect him to make an even better effort over the next few years as he gains some much-needed experience in these situations. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                            Just watching the wilson match, that is bloody annoying how he goes into the shot. Shuffle shuffle shuffle, stroke stroke stroke....
                            It’s why I can’t watch him. He also reinforced my dislike of him during his interview after a win at some tournament a while back, when he said, “listen, I’m a Wilson - and all the Wilsons are fighters.” And the feckin parading of his son he does, like he’s some kind of trophy!

Shame Barry couldn’t see him off.
                            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                              Classic Crucible comeback from Kyren. This has been a cracker of tourney so far. :smile:
                              -
                              Yes...and yes. 👍

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                                He has always done it and I guess it proves that if you don't aim properly and you have to adjust on the delivery its going to cost him throughout his career when under pressure, or as I believe, in conditions like this where the cloth is playing heavy. He often struggles in these conditions when a touch of unwanted side is exaggerated on a heavy cloth. This causes bad misses and drains your confidence and its the worst place to suffer as everything is magnified at the crucible. I guess he can't really change it this late in his career as its something he's done as a kid.
                                williams started to work sightright
                                someone with Judds talent would pick it up, quickly
                                would give him another good ten years....i am a sightright coach and know what it can do for players

thats why he chooses to splatter the reds, so can make a break with many options allover the table

he is a winning player...when confidence is up there but difficult to imagine a desillusion here wouldn't start eating his belief again as it has done for previous seasons

Comment

Working...
                                X