No announcement yet.

2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't quite understand. If referee doesn't call a miss, there is no another attempt from same situation, unless balls magically end up into exact same position.

About statistics, we still don't have a champion who would have started as a professional during this millennium. Selby is currently the youngest. If there is no younger champion this year, Selby makes the modern era record as the oldest youngest champion before the next year's tournament.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Philthepockets View Post
      Never here of this happening on heated carom tables.
      I'm sure it happens, but a bigger bounce isn't such a big deal in carom if it doesn't affect the line. Also, a carom table has different cloth, like a US pool table, which probably makes a difference.

Comment

• I can't help thinking of George & Mildred whenever I see Garry Wilson. Sorry Gaz.

-
        The fast and the furious,
        The slow and labourious,
        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
          Problem with cushions is the table heaters not giving uniform heating along the whole of the cushion, simple as that. Anyone who drives or rides a tyred vehicle knows that heat affects the rubber, same with rubber cushions on a snooker table. The cushion will have, cool, hot and warm spots and the bounce will vary accordingly as to where the table heater is in relation to the cushion.
          They will ramp up the heat when there is damp in the air to reduce kicks and that will make the cushion problem worse, that table fitter cleaning the cushion with a cloth and brush made no bloody difference at all and he knew it but did what he was told.

We have tried almost napless cloths, table heaters, 1g balls, special ball polish, non kicking chalk (alledged) yet still the problems persist, when will world snooker learn that all these problems stem from trying to make those crap PR balls work as well as the old SC's.

Some interesting responses...
          Not sure what the right answer is but vmax makes a great case for WS to get there sh!t together!
          "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
          National Snooker Expo
          25-27 October 2019
          http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

• What was that noise, the jaws hit by the red or Carter's teeth?

Comment

• I'm starting to feel sorry for kyrens cue, I'm just waiting for the tip to fly off in excitement...

Comment

• Damn it. I am going to have to say fair play to Wilson for applauding that pot.
                Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

• How well was Gilbert striking the ball tonight? Just formidable. That applause of Kyren (great gesture) had already some signs of resignation. At least for tonight. He will fight tomorrow I'm sure and I'd not call this over at 10-6 as Wilson wasn't really at his best today. Gilbert however seems to me to play with as little pressure as I've ever seen at the crucible. He seems just to enjoy to be there. I have to apologize to him that I didn't give him a better chance before the start of the match. Wilson just seemed so strong to me after the Hawkins match. Shows again that consistency is one of the pivotal points of being a top player.

Comment

• Originally Posted by thommo335 View Post
                    Isn't the Rasson table cushion rails a resin Infused timber?
                    That's correct. PR infused.
                    βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                      How well was Gilbert striking the ball tonight? Just formidable. That applause of Kyren (great gesture) had already some signs of resignation. At least for tonight. He will fight tomorrow I'm sure and I'd not call this over at 10-6 as Wilson wasn't really at his best today. Gilbert however seems to me to play with as little pressure as I've ever seen at the crucible. He seems just to enjoy to be there. I have to apologize to him that I didn't give him a better chance before the start of the match. Wilson just seemed so strong to me after the Hawkins match. Shows again that consistency is one of the pivotal points of being a top player.
                      It's great to see, but it makes you wonder what he's been doing for the past 15-20 years while his contemporaries like Selby, Murphy and Hawkins have been winning multiple ranking titles and spending their careers in the top 16. They all say he had the most talent as a junior and it seems like he's mostly squandered that.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                        I'm sure it happens, but a bigger bounce isn't such a big deal in carom if it doesn't affect the line. Also, a carom table has different cloth, like a US pool table, which probably makes a difference.
                        The rails are thicker on a carom table and the balls much heavier, so I donΒ΄t think the two tables can be compared.
                        ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                        "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• Some Crucible magic from Gilbert tonight. It's great that the longer match formats In the WC see to make some players believe they can relax a little over that space of time with the different sessions, and let their arm go a bit. It's one of the things that sets the worlds apart from other tourneys and gives us viewers a better insight of what some players who are often just "also runs" can actually do.

That near straight red in the last frame played is shot of the tournament so far. :snooker:

Comment

• Why are Trump & Maguire getting an extra session's break at the expense of Carter & Wilson??

-
                            The fast and the furious,
                            The slow and labourious,
                            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                              How well was Gilbert striking the ball tonight? Just formidable. That applause of Kyren (great gesture) had already some signs of resignation. At least for tonight. He will fight tomorrow I'm sure and I'd not call this over at 10-6 as Wilson wasn't really at his best today. Gilbert however seems to me to play with as little pressure as I've ever seen at the crucible. He seems just to enjoy to be thereI have to apologize to him that I didn't give him a better chance before the start of the match. Wilson just seemed so strong to me after the Hawkins match. Shows again that consistency is one of the pivotal points of being a top player.
                              Seem to remember a guy called Joe Johnson doing just that.

Comment

• Will we see a maxi this year?

Comment

Working...
                                X