2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yep, must be awful; but what three lovely stats

Selby was white washed by someone years ago, did not stop him did it; come on Luo you will bounce back big-time
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      yep, must be awful; but what three lovely stats

Selby was white washed by someone years ago, did not stop him did it; come on Luo you will bounce back big-time
      At least Luo Honghao as a record even if he doesn't want it. I Think the Selby Whitewash your thinking about is the 9-0 thrashing by Mark Williams in the last 64 of the 1999 UK Championship.
      Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

yep, must be awful; but what three lovely stats

You sure about Selby ?
        Just found this "There has only been one 10-0 win before at the Sheffield venue, when John Parrott hammered Eddie Charlton in 1992"

Comment

• sorry JRC, I was not meaning WSC itself but at anytime, Mr Snooker found it - above.
          Last edited by DeanH; 22 April 2019, 10:34 AM.
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Selby is struggling. Did not expect Zhao to get the better of Selby in the safety battle. The youngster has some bottle!

Comment

• Buckets buckets.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                Buckets buckets.
                They have it so easy these pros, most of these shots would never go in on the tales i play on

Comment

• some shots make it look like a 12 feet American pool table.

Comment

I have noted Higgins' doubles, Selby is ok but to me Higgins has it
                    To me to. As you said I rarely saw Higgins miss one and he tries it more often than most other players.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                      What a frame. Well done, Gary.
                      I fell asleep twice. It was like a lot of the local league frames I'm unfortunate enough to referee when I'm tired and need to go home for early shift the next day. How the ref kept his concentration I'll never know.
                      As for the match Wilson must be a billiards payer, some great escapes and snooker laid. That dead weight roll up to the red past the middle must be up there for shot of the tournament.

Originally Posted by Csmith View Post
                      I think Luca is one of the more talented players on the tour but he strikes me as being very stubborn. His shot selection has improved but it’s pretty bad. I remember hearing Ronnie suggested shortening his bridge but he still plays with possibly the longest bridge on the tour.
                      Very short bloke is Luca, plays with a standard length cue but maybe could do with something tailor made to suit his physique, but I guess that a long bridge is what he prefers as he's always had one.
                      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                        Is Wilson the new ‘ Angles ‘ ! , some absolutely brilliant escapes . Agree with the commentators , best ever seen escapes .
                        I thought about this as well. Incredible well paced escapes especially.
                        Loved the decider, well spent 79 minutes.

You saw that Wilson misses the consistency though. Plenty of mistakes from both players. And as somebody else said I wouldn't put Brecel among the top 16 players. He's mainly there because of his win at the 2017 China Championship and will likely drop out once those points are removed.

Comment

• Selby isn't even a shadow of his former self...

Comment

• Stephen Hendry and Dennis Taylor commenting on a coin being flipped.

HHH THH TTT HH TTTT HTHH

Heads wins the first three flips and now has the momentum and is concentrating well. Heads leads 5-1 and seems in control of the match. Suddenly tails wins three in a row through grit and determination. Not to be outdone heads wins twice in a row and the momentum has changed. Heads leads 7-4 and looks to be on the way to victory. Out of nowhere, tails wins four in a row showing all of their experience and fighting spirit. Tails leads 9-8, but heads wins the last two snatching the victory.

Do athletes, former athletes, and commentators really not understand that when two relatively equal opponents meet there will streaks of wins for no reason other than the fact that mathematically that's what happens. It doesn't have to have anything to do with concentration, character, grit, determination, or even skill. That's just the way statistics work.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                              Years ago they used to qualify for the venue stage by default, but not anymore. Most ranking events have 128 players involved in the 1st round (sometimes that's played at the main venue, but more often the qualifiers are played weeks in advance), and if you are ranked in the bottom 64 you can draw O'Sullivan or Robertson in your opening match. That's how it works in real life at least. :smile:
                              Sorry to go on about this, but can I just have some clarification.

Do all players - including the top 16 - have to go through the qualifying rounds for tournaments? And is possible for a sub 64 players to draw the likes of RO, MS, NR in those qualifiers?
                              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                                Sorry to go on about this, but can I just have some clarification.

Do all players - including the top 16 - have to go through the qualifying rounds for tournaments? And is possible for a sub 64 players to draw the likes of RO, MS, NR in those qualifiers?
                                Yes, all players have to qualify for the tournaments - unless there don't exist qualifers at all (128 men fields, Players Championship, Tour Championship for example).
                                Yeah, if you are outside of the top 64 you can draw Selby, O'Sullivan, Higgins, Robertson and so on in those qualifiers.

Comment

Working...
                                X