2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
    Why are Trump & Maguire getting an extra session's break at the expense of Carter & Wilson??
    They always do this switch on the second day of the QF, to have a finish in all three sessions.

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
      Why are Trump & Maguire getting an extra session's break at the expense of Carter & Wilson??

-
      Some of the scheduling is odd. For instance, Trump played his 2nd round over 3 days, and then into the quarter the next day. So if he goes all the way, he'd have played 10 days straight. Whereas Robertson played his 2nd round over two days and then had 3 days off before today. I think the extra session break is the least of the oddities.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
        Some of the scheduling is odd. For instance, Trump played his 2nd round over 3 days, and then into the quarter the next day. So if he goes all the way, he'd have played 10 days straight. Whereas Robertson played his 2nd round over two days and then had 3 days off before today. I think the extra session break is the least of the oddities.
        Robbo does seem to be getting a good run in terms of time off between matches. I keep forgetting he's still in this.
        Last edited by Billy; 30 April 2019, 10:57 PM.
        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• I know it's a silly triviality, but what started out as a mild disappointment in seeing Hazel's presence diminish from the hosting duties, is now becoming a worry. I hate change and this new girl is terrible. Please, if you're phasing Hazel out, find someone better. Jill Douglass would be my choice.
          Last edited by Billy; 30 April 2019, 11:15 PM.
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
            I know it's a silly triviality, but what started out as a mild disappointment in seeing Hazel's presence diminish from the hosting duties, is now becoming a worry. I hate change and this new girl is terrible. Please, if you're phasing Hazel out, find someone better. Jill Douglass would be my choice.
            She's not being phased out - she has done every single afternoon session from 1300 - 1800 this Championship. Given how much earlier she would have to start to prep this would equate to a long day's work - she can't feasibly do the morning or evening session as well. This is a far cry from previous years when she has shared the presenting duties on the flagship afternoon show with Jason Mohammed and alternated on the graveyard evening highlights show.
            It is typical BBC to have a new presenter and find a sport or show for them to do despite them having no interest or knowledge in it. Its happened on many a sport, including bowls.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ben04uk View Post
              She's not being phased out - she has done every single afternoon session from 1300 - 1800 this Championship. Given how much earlier she would have to start to prep this would equate to a long day's work - she can't feasibly do the morning or evening session as well. This is a far cry from previous years when she has shared the presenting duties on the flagship afternoon show with Jason Mohammed and alternated on the graveyard evening highlights show.
              It is typical BBC to have a new presenter and find a sport or show for them to do despite them having no interest or knowledge in it. Its happened on many a sport, including bowls.
              I think you're right. Only catching the evening shows has probably given me a false impression of her overall attendance.

Comment

I know it's a silly triviality, but what started out as a mild disappointment in seeing Hazel's presence diminish from the hosting duties, is now becoming a worry. I hate change and this new girl is terrible. Please, if you're phasing Hazel out, find someone better. Jill Douglass would be my choice.
                There's only one solution. Bring back David Icke.
                Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

Suzi Perry would be my choice.But Suzi is my choice for a lot of things.
                  :snooker:

"You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

Comment

• How comes Higgins-Robertson have only played 8 games whereas Wilson-Carter played 16 I know there has been some serious tacticts in the former but 8 frames behind thats sloow.
                    Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

• Originally Posted by John Flaf View Post
                      How comes Higgins-Robertson have only played 8 games whereas Wilson-Carter played 16 I know there has been some serious tacticts in the former but 8 frames behind thats sloow.
                      :smile: Wilson and Carter have played two sessions already, Higgins and Robertson have played only one. It's 8 frames per session.

Comment

How comes Higgins-Robertson have only played 8 games whereas Wilson-Carter played 16 I know there has been some serious tacticts in the former but 8 frames behind thats sloow.
                        Its the way the matches are scheduled. 3 sessions 8/8/9. Higgo Robbo will finish their match 2nite. Carter Wilson finish this morning.
                        I heard Higgins say in an interview that the schedule needed to be tweaked a bit. He had to play a session immediately following a late night.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                          :smile: Wilson and Carter have played two sessions already, Higgins and Robertson have played only one. It's 8 frames per session.
                          OH I didn't realise that Odrl thanks for clarifying. I just assumed both games would of had 2 sessions each.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                            Its the way the matches are scheduled. 3 sessions 8/8/9. Higgo Robbo will finish their match 2nite. Carter Wilson finish this morning.
                            I heard Higgins say in an interview that the schedule needed to be tweaked a bit. He had to play a session immediately following a late night.
                            Tis strange though Nifty I never realised.

Comment

OH I didn't realise that Odrl thanks for clarifying. I just assumed both games would of had 2 sessions each.
                              Semi and final are 4 sessions. Only 1 table at that stage.

Comment

• C'mon Gary...let's see you in the Final vs Kyren, also known this year as The War of the Wilsons.

Comment

Working...
                                X