• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Arrgh!

I don't dislike anyone.
    Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    It’s why I can’t watch him. He also reinforced my dislike of him....
    BUSTED!

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
      He has always done it and I guess it proves that if you don't aim properly and you have to adjust on the delivery its going to cost him throughout his career when under pressure, or as I believe, in conditions like this where the cloth is playing heavy. He often struggles in these conditions when a touch of unwanted side is exaggerated on a heavy cloth. This causes bad misses and drains your confidence and its the worst place to suffer as everything is magnified at the crucible. I guess he can't really change it this late in his career as its something he's done as a kid.
      It's the super fine cloths that are supposed to show up any unwanted side, problem with Trump, Ding, Maguire, Selby, O'Sullivan is that they've all played on the bad table, tons for fun on the other one.

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
      His pot success is about the same as Ding's and no one mentions his technique. Trump is unconventional, but he's probably hit a million balls. For him, his cueing feels as natural as any other players. He's hit as many centuries as Selby in less time, and will be ahead of Robertson when he gets to that age. He's got a good chance of going passed 1000 like ronnie and will certainly go past Hendry. There's a more fundamental issue- I think his bottle is the problem. Same as Ding yesterday. Both their techiques went to crap.
      If you move on the shot and cannot stop yourself then Trumps technique is sound enough, perhaps more players should adopt it. Find out that you move a certain amount and adjust your address to strike centre ball when you move rather than address centre ball and then strike with side when you move.
      This is where he gets his power from IMO, putting the body into it as well while everyone else is trying to keep it still and failing.
      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Davis talking about Trumps oddball technique.

Comment

• You can figure out Trump's mentality by the fact he didnt hire any coach. That is very sad fact and it impacts his career more than he thinks.
          Ronnie signed up for that sightright thing, and also has the psychologist. He is going far more smart at the game than Trump.

Comment

• I don't know the name of Maguire's walk on music but i like it and look forward to hearing it again tomorrow
            sigpic
            Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
              BUSTED!

-
              Yeah, the first one was a typo. The ‘Don’t’ shouldn’t have been there, and the ‘anyone’ was meant to say ‘everyone ‘
              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Right, so it’s Jud vs Ding on BBC 2. Good. So that means when coverage ends at 8:30 the red button channel will switch so that we can continue watching? So why do I get the sinking feeling that on this occasion they’ll stay with the Higgins Bingham match and Ding will get shoved online?
                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by kibo View Post
                  You can figure out Trump's mentality by the fact he didnt hire any coach. That is very sad fact and it impacts his career more than he thinks.
                  Ronnie signed up for that sightright thing, and also has the psychologist. He is going far more smart at the game than Trump.
                  It's all situational. It's easy to say that after a few dodgy performances, but he still wins plenty of tournaments without a coach, and he's not the only one. He's not stupid, if he thought he had an issue a coach would help with he'd get one.

Comment

• Originally Posted by kibo View Post
                    You can figure out Trump's mentality by the fact he didnt hire any coach. That is very sad fact and it impacts his career more than he thinks.
                    Look what good it did him !! Ronnie gone home, Trump still here, so your point is rather silly ???

Comment

• Ding’s plant just then - sotc

Comment

• Hazel is getting lazy these days. Either that or her fees have gone up.

Comment

• With the demise of Zhou Yuelong earlier, it looks like we are now guaranteed everyone wearing only white, black and grey for the rest of the tournament. What a wasted opportunity to dress in an aesthetically pleasing way. :smile:

Comment

Ding’s plant just then - sotc
                            And another one, he has more plants than my garden
                            Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                            Hazel is getting lazy these days. Either that or her fees have gone up.
                            Maybe she's been put out by the arrival of the new sexy bird

Comment

Hazel is getting lazy these days. Either that or her fees have gone up.
                              Hey don't you go badmouthing my lovely Hazel now...
                              Last edited by daffie; 29 April 2019, 07:05 PM.

Comment

• Well this is the Trump i like to see playing, great start

Comment

Working...
                                X