2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
    No, Not enuff points to overtake Ronnie.
    Selby must be taking a tumble down the rankings after the tournament finishes, lots of prize money coming off.

Comment

• 6th with a Higgins win http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp...42&season=2018

Comment

• From the above link and the End of Seadon list: Murphy has a lot of points to defend next season.... It's a shame he didn't get Carter in Rnd 1

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
          Or if Gilbert wins the final.

Comment

• So 7th lol.

Comment

• He should then stay around that spot for a while, since he doesn't have any big points coming off until his 2017 International Championship win is taken off in November.

Comment

• A similar thing happened to me while at work. There was a team meeting going on and I fell asleep while there were some discussions. There was a hush and when I woke up, everyone was looking at me and laughing lol.

Comment

• I hope John has got the stamina to keep going, his road to the semis has been relentless.
                  Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

• He really needs to improve his fitness. Being in your 40's doesn't mean you have to get fat.
                    Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

• First post on here, but just thought I'd compose some of my thoughts on what has arguably been one of the most fascinating tournaments in recent years. Big names going out early, tense final-frame thrillers, shock results, unheralded players going long into the event, the 2019 championship certainly is one to remember for a variety of reasons.

– Gary Wilson. What a remarkable achievement so far. Who would have thought, after his first-round defeat at the China Open – plus first hurdle departures in the Indian Open, World Grand Prix, Scottish Open and English Open and four more second-round exits this season – that we would be seeing him progress to the semi-final of the Worlds, playing some exquisite snooker along the way. He reminds me of when Shaun Murphy won back in 2005 – from an early stage that year, Murphy looked capable of going on to win it, and Wilson has that aura around him this year. And his safety play has been immense, especially getting out of snookers.

– Staying with Wilson, did Dave Hendon have some sort of premonition when he interviewed him for his Snooker Scene podcast ahead of the championships? Of all the players to have a few words with, why pick Wilson? Looks a stroke of genius now.

– And back to Murphy. I don't dislike him and I think he's okay, but he is becoming ever more the 'face and voice of snooker' as he seems to be everywhere and it is wearing a bit thin, especially hearing him in the commentary box and mid-match! If you are playing in a tournament, you should be concentrating on that and foregoing the extra-curricular activities including commentating. It's getting ever more prevalent now in sport that pros/former pros have to take up commentary duties and it's not always a good idea. There's too many in snooker. Murphy has reached just one final this season and suffered six first-round departures and won one ranking event in three years… maybe he should focus on playing the game rather than talking about it.

– Alan McManus. A pro who is rather good at describing the action. Thank goodness the Beeb have given him a regular stint in the box. The best of the bunch now without a doubt. "Like a butterfly landing with sore feet," when Gary Wilson got out of a snooker and coming to rest on the object ball.

– John Higgins. Terrific win, but at least acknowledge the crowd when you leave the arena, rather than looking at your family/connections and fist pumping. Trivial, I know, but little things are annoying.

– Stephen Maguire. When will he ever win another ranking event? So near yet so far.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                        He genuinely looks like he's passed away there. Did the commentators pick up on it? Never seen anything like that before.
                        He was just stretching his neck and spine by holding in what looks like a very uncomfortable position...
                        I do it all the time...
                        "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                        National Snooker Expo
                        25-27 October 2019
                        http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                          Yep, short, fat green witch and she started with Rod Hull, then a spin off - I doubt it was that late?
                          Originally an '80s thing, but the show dedicated to her was '91 to '93, apparently...

Comment

• Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                            Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                            He genuinely looks like he's passed away there. Did the commentators pick up on it? Never seen anything like that before.
                            He was just stretching his neck and spine by holding in what looks like a very uncomfortable position...
                            I do it all the time...
                            Yep me too, the unnatural neck position to play snooker takes its toll as you age. Holding a stretch position as JH appears to be doing here, eases the tension in the neck muscles a bit.

It does look like he's been shot with a silencer and no one noticed though.
                            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by nevets View Post
                              He really needs to improve his fitness. Being in your 40's doesn't mean you have to get fat.
                              Murphy has always been a fat....

Comment

• Originally Posted by nevets View Post
                                He really needs to improve his fitness. Being in your 40's doesn't mean you have to get fat.
                                That's for him to decide. In terms of his snooker, he has a pretty outstanding record at the World Championships, which is surely where stamina is going to come into it if anywhere. Mark Williams is pretty unhealthy, I think he survives on kebabs and lager, and he's done okay at the Worlds recently too.

Comment

Working...
                                X