2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by The Rook View Post
    A weird comparison. Armstrong received a lifetime ban for taking performance enhancing drugs which could artificially inflate his capabilities
    Not just for taking drugs - loads of cyclists do that - instead, for the most intricate and highly organised conspiracy in the history of sport - intimidated witnesses, lied under oath, falsified evidence, tried to destroy the careers of anyone questioning his brilliance etc. Armstrong and his doctor were evil geniuses. Meanwhile, the frames John Higgins supposedly agreed to fix were in tournaments that didn't exist.

Comment

• Originally Posted by P.Smith View Post
      He was banned for eight years in 2006...

I doubt anyone wants him back though
      He went into financial services and is now banned from that industry too...for committing fraud and cheating clients..

Comment

• It was only a matter of time before Lee lifted this trophy and I think his punishment was excessive. Glad to see Hann disappear from the game. What a bellend.
        www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by P.Smith View Post
          He was banned for eight years in 2006...

I doubt anyone wants him back though
          Oh fair enough. Dunno where I got eighteen years from.

Still lot more than Higgins got. Regards Higgins how do those who think he was never match-fixing explain that Jordan Brown match - especially the knowing giggle after that weird shot on the Brown.

Comment

• Firstly, surely they can fix the table overnight for the final ?

Who was Neal Foulds referring to , top players who when things weren't going for them at the Worlds, were happy to pack it in ?

Ding ? Selby ?

Comment

• The final is going to be quite polarising

Higgins and Trump fans couldn't be any further apart

I would go as far to say it's almost impossible to be a fan of them both

Young, thin, stylish, flair, erratic, inconsistent, trendy loafers, masquerades sometimes as a winner, evil namessake

v

Old, grey haired, pudgey, cheaty, steady, gritty, old boots , winner , good namessake
              Last edited by peterpackage; 5 May 2019, 12:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by peterpackage View Post
                The final is going to be quite polarising

Oh no, I would claim to be such an exception. I prefer the inspirational flair of a Trump/O'Sullivan/White but John Higgins in monster mode is a thing of beauty. I do feel this may be his last hurrah though - it visibly affects him these days and his performances are erratic instead of the sure thing of the past. I think I'd prefer Trump to win it, but a Higgins 5th will be pleasing too, and might give Ron a kick up the arse.

Comment

• Well i guess there are a few people who like Country and Rap

Comment

• Originally Posted by bonoman1970 View Post
                    he got caught up in it because he was greedy for money even tho he was a millionaire anyway , he wasnt banned because Barry Hearn had just took over world snooker and they couldnt have the world no 1 at that time banned for corruption even tho to everyone else outside the Wsa he was guilty as sin to agreeing to fix matches for money , he thought it was a legitimate cheat /fraud to earn another £300 thousand , he was banned for a few months in the summer when at the time there were no tournaments anyway , he agreed to throw frames on camera , doesnt matter who filmed him , he agreed to throw money on camera and then came up with the bull**** that he was being threathend by russian maffia , whilst talking about how he would conceal money in his spanish property, he got away with it , should have been banned for life , hope Trump kicks his arse
                    I am also with you on his guilt. If people observe the video properly they will see how relaxed he was in the company of these "gangsters".
                    If he believed his life was in danger his body language and speech would be totally different.
                    As you said, it would have looked bad for Snooker to have a top man to be seen in this light.
                    It's a big shame as he is one hell of a player.
                    Personally I find it difficult to watch him play now.... Wishing Trump gives him a slaughtering !!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                      It doesn't appear on the first several pages here, even excluding his semi-final win. But given it took place in Ukraine, I'd be concerned about the quality of the source that used Russia as a keyword...
                      This is what I see when I type in "John Higgins"

krTF8ln4G9tC.png

Comment

Young, thin, stylish, flair, erratic, inconsistent, trendy loafers, masquerades sometimes as a winner, evil namessake

v

Old, grey haired, pudgey, cheaty, steady, gritty, old boots , winner , good namessake
                        Every time John got his foot up on the table showing off his tatty soles I was thinking 'come on mate, surely you can afford a new pair of shoes?'

Comment

v

I'm a fan of both. If Higgins was playing anyone else I'd be rooting for him. As it is, I'd slightly favour Judd getting his first over higgins his 5th.

In all honesty, the NOTW thing makes me like him more. Scummy newpaper who manufactured their own news rather than reporting on the real world. I'm not big of people getting lynched by the press and public on the unproven basis that they may or may not have thought about doing something. If thinking about something unethical was a crime, the whole world would be imprisoned. Outside of a chat with a 'fake sheikh' 10 years ago, Higgins 27 year record as a pro is exemplary, and his behaviour on and off the table has been respectful and professional. If it hadn't been for some dodgy journalistic ethics, he'd be near bottom of anyone's list of potentially corrupt sportsman. To coin a phrase, it was the early emergence of 'fake news', and that's hardly doing the world any favours.
                          Last edited by Mark187187; 5 May 2019, 07:49 AM.

Comment

• I'm not commenting on the NOTW stuff, but I do think maybe Higgins loves money a bit too much. Why else does he still play so many tournaments? He's made for life, has a family to spend time with, and his game would probably benefit from picking his tournaments. I think he finds it hard to turn earning down.
                            Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

v

They are two of my favourite players!

Would prefer to see Judd pick up his first though.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                                This is what I see when I type in "John Higgins"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19226[/ATTACH]
                                That just looks like it's come up because you have searched it before?

Comment

Working...
                                X