X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snookerball
    replied
    Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    Hazel describing it as the greatest final of all time ??
    One of. Key difference.

Leave a comment:

• Tim65
    replied
    Fantastic performance by Judd Trump in the final - funny to think how close he went to going out in the first round.Certainly not the greatest final ever though - not even in the top ten.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    2019 World Snooker Championship

well done Trump
    superbly played
    well done Higgins
    not considering retiring now then

Leave a comment:

• Mark187187
    replied
    Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    Yeah, not sure about that. Probably highest quality I've seen over 4 sessions by any player for a long time if not ever. But you can't really compare it to the great comebacks or the close finishes.

Leave a comment:

• kibo
    replied
    Are the pockets this big every year or they are increasing them.
    I mean all this things just make all the statistics meaningless if one is going to play on another table compared to the previous players

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied

Leave a comment:

• snookerball
    replied
    You can tell how much respect Judd has for Higgins here.

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
    Hoping for a great final over 2 days but I've got a feeling that Trump is going to blast Higgins off the table in the first two sessions leaving too much for him. 18 - 10 to Trump.

-

Leave a comment:

• snookerball
    replied
    Really gracious inteview with John there.

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    Well done Judd, unbeatable last few days

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Has a player ever been so confident of winning the SWC while waiting in the wings for the final session, as Judd was just then?

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    Gonna be a very short night

Leave a comment:

• nevets
    replied
    Hoping Higgins can win the first half-session 4-0. There's bugger-all else on TV.

Leave a comment:

• gavpowell
    replied
    Originally Posted by snookerball View Post
    The obvious contender of his generation is Robertson who is also about to come into his prime. Could see these two sharing titles for a while.
    Robertson's prime was a few years ago - he may have a second prime but at 37 it's more likely we'll see him start to decline. He'll win a few more yet, certainly, but I would expect any future contenders to be from the younger crop - Gary Wilson looks to be ready to go, but I thought the same of Michael White and Anthony McGill about 5 years ago and they've fallen apart since then.

Leave a comment:

• Diesel3390
    replied
    Originally Posted by snookerball View Post
    I'll have some of what your happen. Although I'm tempted to bung a few quid on him to comeback 18-16 at 66/1
    I wouldn't blame you if you bet on 18-16.
    Honestly though, as a die-hard Higgins fan since 1996 (yes, that long!) this is one of the most devastating set of years, seeing him lose 3 years in a row. But I have a feeling he won't be as disappointed this year. He's actually played brilliantly in this final. There's not much one can do if Trump is hitting the craziest shots and having the form of his life. Higgins didn't play poor, Judd just had a blinder.

I'd love it if Higgins did a comeback though

Leave a comment:

Working...
X