Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
    Mark Allen?
    Yeah, he's a close contender, but he does occasionally use a bit of backswing, unlike Graham.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
      Speaking of Ebdon.... I'd have him win the next 5 World Championships, if it keeps him out of the commentary box.
      I actually quite enjoy Peter’s commentary. His knowledge of the game and the tactical side of the game is fantastic. I think Peter is a better commentator and better to hear in commentary than it is to watch him playing.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
        I actually quite enjoy Peter’s commentary. His knowledge of the game and the tactical side of the game is fantastic. I think Peter is a better commentator and better to hear in commentary than it is to watch him playing.
        Different strokes I suppose. My idea of hell would be Edbon and Murphy teaming up in the box.

Comment

• Well I was hoping to watch some highlights of the Allen match in the Snooker Extra show, but of course the beeb are still slavering over the RO defeat so we all have to endure the match yet again. Mountain / molehill doesn’t even come into it 🙄

Looks like my nightly dose of Red Dwarf can start early tonight
          Last edited by Billy; 23 April 2019, 11:18 PM.
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• What would that have done to Stuart Bingham's snooker careerer if he lost 10-9 from 8-1 up to Graeme Dott for a place in the last 16 of The World championship. I remember Cliff Thorburn lost from 10-9 from 9-2 up in 1984 to Nigel Bond, Cliff's last appearance at the Crucible and he retired a couple years later. But Bingham is strong he would have been gutted to lose like that but would have come back from it I Think.
            Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

• What a match and I've never seen such a crawl over the winning line like that but Virgo and Hendry just crucified Bingham with their commentary to the point where it felt like everyone wanted to lynch him for winning. He played poorly and made some bad decisions that's for sure but they should have been more positive instead of siding with the underdog and finding faults in everything Stuart was doing. It shows very poor judgement when commentators do that.
              www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                Well I was hoping to watch some highlights of the Allen match in the Snooker Extra show, but of course the beeb are still slavering over the RO defeat so we all have to endure the match yet again. Mountain / molehill doesn’t even come into it 🙄

Looks like my nightly dose of Red Dwarf can start early tonight
                I thought the same when I saw they are showing the Ronnie match. Funny you mention Red Dwarf as I pulled out my Red Dwarf V DVD earlier tonight to put on after the early finish with Dott and Bingham but that didn't quite work out. I put on Series 1 disk 2 by mistake a few weeks ago when I meant to put on series 1 disk 1 and discovered the 25 minute documentary I had never seen before. Fascinating how it all came together.
                www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  I thought World Snooker had stopped the "entry fee" a season or so ago?
                  I think it's still in place, Michael Judge has mentioned it in one of his interviews that you can see on youtube (one before the match vs Cahill to be more precise).

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                    You should. :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOMtUhGbwrs

Around 13 minutes and 20 seconds in. Just a short clip of the situation unfortunately, but still better than nothing. :smile:
                    Lol, amazing.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                      Speaking of Ebdon.... I'd have him win the next 5 World Championships, if it keeps him out of the commentary box.
                      I actually like listening to the cyborg, just not as much as Darren Morgan
                      sigpic
                      Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Comment

• i was checking the scores of the Binham V Dott match on world snooker website , it shows frame 16 , scores 12 to Dott 1 for Bingham. that can't be right. was there a re-rack or something. i didn't see the match. or is it just an error.

Comment

• Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
                          i was checking the scores of the Binham V Dott match on world snooker website , it shows frame 16 , scores 12 to Dott 1 for Bingham. that can't be right. was there a re-rack or something. i didn't see the match. or is it just an error.
                          Bingham missed three times when he could see a ball on and lost the frame as a result. Most of the reds were still on the table at the time.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                            Bingham missed three times when he could see a ball on and lost the frame as a result. Most of the reds were still on the table at the time.
                            oh , OK that makes sense, what a silly boy!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                              Well I was hoping to watch some highlights of the Allen match in the Snooker Extra show, but of course the beeb are still slavering over the RO defeat so we all have to endure the match yet again. Mountain / molehill doesn’t even come into it ��
                              And sour / grapes don't come into it either do they Billy.

-
                              The fast and the furious,
                              The slow and labourious,
                              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Bit off topic but does anyone know the name of the walk on music that James Cahill and Li hang come out to, tried searching twitter and youtube but no joy?

Comment

Working...
                                X