2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Diesel3390 View Post
    Agreed. Robertson seems to have had the upper hand all throughout the contest... so I'm a bit baffled as to how Higgins is 9-7 up...??
    It was just early on in this session I think. Higgins got better into his usual groove and gained advantage in the tactical battles, forcing Robertson to some difficult pots, which he missed.
    Still neither got really easy chances, but John was mostly the first in the balls and was more decisive in his break-building in the second part of today's morning session.

Comment

• Originally Posted by sixofclubs View Post
      Great interview with Dave Gilbert on the BBC. He came across really well.
      Apart from when Hazel made him snort and a shiny snot pole dropped from his left nostril.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by lennon11 View Post
        Feel Kyren Wilson has become overly methodical/mechanical, so much so that when the mechanics of his stroke are perfect, he has no bit of rhythm/natural talent left to rely on to see him through a tough patch, Hence his hugely slow shot times.
        His shot time isn't overly slow, but he runs the risk of becoming the new Ebdon if he carries on down this path.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Philthepockets View Post
          Never here of this happening on heated carom tables.
          Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
          I'm sure it happens, but a bigger bounce isn't such a big deal in carom if it doesn't affect the line. Also, a carom table has different cloth, like a US pool table, which probably makes a difference.
          Originally Posted by Rane View Post
          The rails are thicker on a carom table and the balls much heavier, so I don´t think the two tables can be compared.
          No one plays a non contact cue ball position to an object ball when playing three cushion billiards, you play a scoring stroke and then think of another from where the balls lie and if you get a bigger bounce it wouldn't make a ha'p'orth of difference.
          Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• A Gilbert-Wilson final? What next? :smile:

I am still hoping the top players that are left in the tournament play to their potential and give us one of those dream finals we wanted before the tournament started, something like... Trump-Robertson. :smile:

Comment

• That would work for me as well...

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                A Gilbert-Wilson final? What next? :smile:
                Can I just say I called this way back, following G Wilson's first win. Well, I didn't call it exactly, but I did say I wouldn't mind it. Still extremely unlikely when you look at the players still left in, but hey.
                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                  Can I just say I called this way back, following G Wilson's first win. Well, I didn't call it exactly, but I did say I wouldn't mind it. Still extremely unlikely when you look at the players still left in, but hey.
                  I'll congratulate you if it happens, but I don't think it will. :wink:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                    I'll congratulate you if it happens, but I don't think it will. :wink:
                    No. Nor I.

Comment

• Good performance from DBG and Yeah, Kyren seemed to just run out of steam. Still, not a bad run for him and what doesn't kill ya....

Hoping for a magnificent Maguire comeback tonight, but it seems unlikely.

-
                      The fast and the furious,
                      The slow and labourious,
                      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Before the tournament I looked at the third quarter and for a second played with the thought of actually picking Gary Wilson for the semifinal. With Selby so clearly out of form and having heard that Allen's focus wasn't really on Snooker right now, Wilson seemed like he really could make a surprise there. Much more so definitely to me than Brecel or Lisowski for example. But then I said to myself it was just too much of a shot into the blue.

As for David Gilbert, despite me thinking he's a good and better player than (Gary) Wilson, I never would have thought that he would come through in that first quarter. I imagined he could beat Perry and Williams, but then also Wilson or Hawkins? No way.

I can't remember to have TWO such surprising semifinalists since 2005, when Murphy and McCulloch both made it.

I think Trump will beat Wilson, though Gary won't go down without a fight. I imagine there's more possible for Gilbert, especially if he gets a tired Higgins, whose physical shape isn't the best these days.
                        However my pick is that the winner of Higgins/Robertson will go on to win the title. But this is a World Championship full of surprises.

Comment

• Well done Dave and Gary. Couldn't watch today's matches.

Comment

• wow - just watched Carter's post presser. I get you lost and are dissapointed but to say "I see why he hasn't won anything" it was his day bla bla bla. F*ck off. Go on Gary!

Gary is such a nice guy - he came over to Canada a while back and I didn't get a chance to meet him but from what everyone said he was a class act.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                              Before the tournament I looked at the third quarter and for a second played with the thought of actually picking Gary Wilson for the semifinal. With Selby so clearly out of form and having heard that Allen's focus wasn't really on Snooker right now, Wilson seemed like he really could make a surprise there. Much more so definitely to me than Brecel or Lisowski for example. But then I said to myself it was just too much of a shot into the blue.

As for David Gilbert, despite me thinking he's a good and better player than (Gary) Wilson, I never would have thought that he would come through in that first quarter. I imagined he could beat Perry and Williams, but then also Wilson or Hawkins? No way.

I can't remember to have TWO such surprising semifinalists since 2005, when Murphy and McCulloch both made it.

I think Trump will beat Wilson, though Gary won't go down without a fight. I imagine there's more possible for Gilbert, especially if he gets a tired Higgins, whose physical shape isn't the best these days.
                              However my pick is that the winner of Higgins/Robertson will go on to win the title. But this is a World Championship full of surprises.
                              Actually 7 of the 8 quarterfinalists were from top 16. Just not the top 16 players we expected to be there.
                              ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                              "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• Originally Posted by arsalanjami View Post
                                wow - just watched Carter's post presser. I get you lost and are dissapointed but to say "I see why he hasn't won anything" it was his day bla bla bla. F*ck off. Go on Gary!

Gary is such a nice guy - he came over to Canada a while back and I didn't get a chance to meet him but from what everyone said he was a class act.
                                Wow lol. I think I have read somewhere that Carter isn't actually that well liked on tour by the other players. Could be wrong though.

Comment

Working...
                                X