Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stony152
    replied
    If Williams is playing this well in his first match it's worrying days for his opponents going forward. All of this talk of partying and drinking for a year might have been one big smoke screen. He's too much of a pro to not have thoroughly prepared over the last few weeks. I'm not saying he didn't enjoy the year, but it might have all been a bit exaggerated. It's perfect because it lowers the expectations and he can fly under the radar.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    thank you

Leave a comment:

• herbie
    replied
    Ronnie O'Sullivan 2013

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    a thought, if ever, when was the last time the defending World Champion was NOT in the top 16?

Leave a comment:

• fkhan
    replied
    That brown by MJW to level things up

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    nope you did not miss anything, it was cringeworthy

Leave a comment:

• thommo335
    replied
    2019 World Snooker Championship

what am I missing? I thought the mc intro for MJW was pretty cringeworthy.....

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    On a sidenote:
    The WSA doesn't really like Mark Williams, doesn't it?

[ATTACH]19205[/ATTACH]

Pretty disrespectful towards the champion.
    it is amazing how this could have been signed off for printing?

Leave a comment:

• Stony152
    replied
    Not a lot of hair involved in the Brecel vs Wilson match.

Leave a comment:

• Stony152
    replied
    Yeah, I read his tweet and understand it. It would just have been a nice sign to have a second female referee here as well in times of gender equality. 3 of the 16 are females, so roughly 19 percent. 2 of 10 would have fitted better than 1 of 10 to that calculation.
    But that's not even the main point cause I think you should indeed treat all 16 equal regardless of their gender and just give the spots to the ten "best" referees. And I feel Li would have been more deserving than one or two of the referees (don't want to call names) who made the cut.
    Who are the other five?

I agree it would have been nice to see another woman and at least one Chinese referee, given the number of Chinese players on tour. I mostly like all of the referees, other than Marteel and Eckardt who seem very full of themselves.

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    On a sidenote:
    The WSA doesn't really like Mark Williams, doesn't it?

2019sheffield.jpg

Pretty disrespectful towards the champion.

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
    I agree...
    The real question is; DidLi want to officiate in this years WC?
    Apparently she does it out of pleasure and not nessecity. Maybe she's found other pleasure in life...
    Well, that certainly goes over my knowledge

Leave a comment:

• the lone wolf
    replied
    Yeah, I read his tweet and understand it. It would just have been a nice sign to have a second female referee here as well in times of gender equality. 3 of the 16 are females, so roughly 19 percent. 2 of 10 would have fitted better than 1 of 10 to that calculation.
    But that's not even the main point cause I think you should indeed treat all 16 equal regardless of their gender and just give the spots to the ten "best" referees. And I feel Li would have been more deserving than one or two of the referees (don't want to call names) who made the cut.
    I agree...
    The real question is; DidLi want to officiate in this years WC?
    Apparently she does it out of pleasure and not nessecity. Maybe she's found other pleasure in life...

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    he has the ability to - snazzy chalk pouch as well

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Off we go.

I wouldn't be surprised the least if Gould takes out the World Champion.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X