This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Championship match discussions thread

So, first matches are soon under way. Will Higgins be able to raise his game to the level we saw a year ago or can Stevens find some longed-for form and overturn Higgins' attempt to retain his title? Also we have a clash of styles on table 2, with an attacking but out-of-form (?) Robertson taking on the methodical Bond and later Ebdon trying to let his experience overpower Cope.

John Higgins v Matthew Stevens
    Neil Robertson v Nigel Bond
    Stephen Lee v Joe Swail
    Peter Ebdon v Jamie Cope
    John Higgins v Matthew Stevens (second session)
    Allister Carter v Barry Hawkins

Just put on m Embassy 30 years dvd to get me in the mood. Its like christmas eve! The wait is just agonising.
    TSF World Champion 2010
    TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
    BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

Indeed! I'm watching Hall of Frame on Eurosport 1 at the mo, recapturing the the last Embassy championship.

Comment

I've been feeling a little nostalgic this evening and have been watching some footage of the 1977 final.
        "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

The morning session is intriguing:

Higgins vs Stevens (both players struggling relatively)
          Robertson vs Bond (both players struggling)

3 former finalists including a former champion

I go for Higgins to edge the first session 5-4 and Robertson to go in 6-3 up

Comment

one of the best first seshion line up for the world championship ever.......

only 9 hours to go for break off cant wait.........

Comment

Interesting line ups. Unfortunately auntie Beeb wakes up around 2pm!

Normally Higgins would oust Stevens, but Higgins not in topnotch form and Stevens bringing out his best in Sheffield, but lacked pressure matches this season (early exits). Hoggins to edge it.

Robbo and 007. Same here. Robbo out of sorts, so Nigel could be the surprise.

Ebbo and Cope. I hope Cope thrashes Ebdon!! but I doubt it.

Seen Carter play in Newport and am of the opinion he is having the potential to go a step further. Carter to win.

Roll um on!!!

Comment

first off all, hello to everybody, i hope that we will enjoy in discussion like we do in at china open... .. one question, can i watch world championship with live streaming... is it available, and where?
                jam, marmelade, sauce, squish... pekmez

Comment

Originally Posted by pekmez View Post
                  first off all, hello to everybody, i hope that we will enjoy in discussion like we do in at china open... .. one question, can i watch world championship with live streaming... is it available, and where?
                  Now THAT is a good question. BBC website shows it in the UK, but what about us lot abroad? Anyone?

Comment

i found some links for the streaming.... there is eurosport france; but i'll wait until first match start, and if it works, i'll send links

Comment

My wife's nightmare starts in a few minutes

Comment

Originally Posted by matoski View Post
                        My wife's nightmare starts in a few minutes
                        hahaha.... :P

Comment

And there off

Come on Matthew :snooker:

Comment

http://video.eurosport.se/snooker/video_vid70201.shtm

Comment

Originally Posted by ferret View Post
                              And there off

Come on Matthew :snooker:
                              im torn. i really like machoo, but higgi has been one of my fav players for many years. id be dissapointed for higgy if he lost, but id also love to see machoo have a great tournament.

so, im just hoping for a good close match on this one

Comment

Working...
                              X