No announcement yet.

How can Hendry still win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hendry needs to at win at least 6-2 tonight.
    "Am too good not to win this tournament" - Stephen Hendry

Comment

I agree. A 6-2 win isn't inconceivable - 3 out of 4 both sides of the interval if he plays well - especially if he produces the form he has done so far and that would put him at 10-14 down and it would be realistic to win the match from there. Anything less would put the score at least at 9-15 and I don't think you can come back from that score against Ronnie.

Comment

As a lifelong O'Sullivan fan, I don't like it when people start the coronation ceremony well in advance of the result - it's bad enough when the Beeb do it, don't you lot start. Hendry hasn't come all this way to go quietly, and Ronnie wasn;t exactly blazing for the first 6 frames of their match, so you never know what could happen...

Comment

ROS hits the ball so smoothly, and his cue ball control is so dead on. The guy is a true genius. I am actually cheering for Hendry, but it does seem that ROS is unstoppable, from the way he was playing in the last seession..
          However, every day and every session is different. Hendry could get in top form and may be ROS will start going for silly shots and miss and whatever. If Hendry can pull the score back by 4 or 5 games, he is still in contention, in my opinion. So, I will not say that it is impossible.
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Hendry will have to play a compleatly foreighn game for him to win...........totally mess up the table and grind it out for a complete 8 frames tonight and hopong he wins 6-2 or 7-1.............

Stephen Hendry wont do that....what he does is atack if it works he is capable of winning frames quickly if it doesent this match is over tonight...it will be hit or miss snooker from him...

Comment

The thing is I wouldn't even put Hendry in the top 16 on a tactical basis, whereas Ronnie is definitely top 8, maybe even top 4 so that would put him at an even greater disadvantage. There is only one way through this for Hendry - he has to start scoring straightaway and heavily.

Comment

Ronnie will certainly want to win the five frames he needs in this evening's session, as he'll then have a day off tomorrow before the final. So I don't think we'll see him taking his foot off Hendry's throat.

Comment

Originally Posted by highlander69 View Post
                  If Ronnie breaks his arm he'll have to play with his foot...right or left footed I'm not sure which!!
                  sayin that he could play one handed aswell, lol.

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                    As a lifelong O'Sullivan fan, I don't like it when people start the coronation ceremony well in advance of the result - it's bad enough when the Beeb do it, don't you lot start. Hendry hasn't come all this way to go quietly, and Ronnie wasn;t exactly blazing for the first 6 frames of their match, so you never know what could happen...
                    agreed gav, it is Hendry afterall...

Comment

it pains me but in this match he is a dead duck.
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                        it pains me but in this match he is a dead duck.

yip he was, though i dont think he QUACKED under the pressure

Comment

Working...
                        X