China Open 2009 - final discussion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by abextra View Post
    Any info what was John laughing at? He seemed much happier than Peter!
    I think that is a nervous laugh, they probably have not even practised or gone through what happens at the award ceremony.

Go back and watch it again, now here is what I think is going through John's mind.

Ha ha look Walker got the scroll banner up the wrong way, crap hope they don't give me one of those.

Oh crap, right what way does this thing go up! right glad thats over, oh I got to go back, what they gonna give me now? .................. bloody sun flowers, cheap skates, what do they think this is dancing on ice?

Right whats this? a bull made of honey! .......... right I'm off................ oh no not again, now what they want?

Few just a photo, right I am out of here, before they notice I am missing.

Ah why have I got to have two scrolls?, (Just keep grinning and they may let me go)

Oh more sun flowers, I hope that woman's gonna give me all this back after.

Oh look a toy car, its like the generation game this all we need now is a cuddly toy.

Right thats got to be it surely?

Comment

Great one, ferret!
      Winner of crucible77's 2008 World Championship Fantasy Snooker Game
      2008-09 Fantasy Snooker Seasonlong Champion

Comment

Lol, thank you, Ferret! The mess with the check was funny indeed!

Comment

I loved this final. It was what it's all about, one of the best matches of the season. Peter Ebdon was fantastic in his last three matches. His potting was much better than the last couple of tournaments, his safety was excellent. He made a lot of big breaks as well, some from very difficult positions. Never had any sort of crisis today, he never lost more than two frames in a row. I hope he can play well at the WC now and possibly make that QF match against O'Sullivan.

A couple of words about John Higgins... He played about as well as he did in the Grand Prix. He can obviously play even better, but I thought the supporting elements of his game were fantastic. He dominated the safety exchanges in every match, even today. His long potting in the final was at its best, it was only his scoring that let him down a bit. He needed too many chances to seal frames. If he can add some good scoring to this game, he will be the man to beat in the WC.

Well played guys, it certainly lived up to my expectations.

Comment

very nice to see Ebdon winning a trophy one more time.

congrats Peter!
            Spanish Snooker Blog

Comment

He is the oldest winner of a ranking at 38 since Jimmy White's 2004 Players Championship win which coincidently was also the penultimate event of the season.
              TSF World Champion 2010
              TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
              BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

so great to have Peter Ebdon win a ranking tournament again after he had such problems this season and last year. it was an interesting match.

Comment

Working...
                X