Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grand Prix 2009 - Semi-Final Discussion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't think Neil liked winning that way, but he'll be well settled for the final
    Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

IM STILL IN SHOCK

ROBBOS BEST EVER PERFORMANCE 3 CENTURIES

Robbo Unbeatable in ranking finals 6 out of 6

COME ON ROBBO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by montoya10 View Post
        In any way, a potting machine is going to win the tournament... Will be a good final for whom prefers break building rather than tactical play in general..

How many hours until Williams vs Ding??
        Less than 2 hours now.

I like a good balance in a snooker match, and I'm sure we'll get a bit of everything in the final. Maybe not because of the players' style, but the occasion usually provides a scrappy frame or two.

Let's just hope the players have something left for tomorrow.

Comment

After the knocking the sport has taken this week, this nailbiting drama restores your faith. Best match I've seen for a long, long time. Higgins had it in his grasp but THAT brown lost it for him. Brilliantg game from first shot to last.

Mat Wilson
          Whoever said "Winning isn't everything; it's the only thing" was an arsehole.

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
            Less than 2 hours now.

I like a good balance in a snooker match, and I'm sure we'll get a bit of everything in the final. Maybe not because of the players' style, but the occasion usually provides a scrappy frame or two.

Let's just hope the players have something left for tomorrow.
            Yeah, it has been a tiring week for players.. Even I'm tired watching, going after streaming links, following if eurosport started the coverage of snooker, reading previews and reviews, making predictions, discussing the matches,writing comments on some of the big matches... Looks like I shall at least win a tiny trophy for this effort

And to comment on your point of balanced matches, I love them, too. It is just better when you support a player and he wins in a cracker instead of whitewashing his opponent.. That elevates the quality of the game
            All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

That was the best game of snooker I have ever watched. Absolute drama. When Robertson was 5 - 3 up I thought it would be all over when he was going into the reds but even though John Higgins lost it was a phenomenal comeback and I agree with Neil Robertson, John Higgins is playing the best in the world at the moment. We all know how good Ronnie is but Higgins is just playing better than anybody else at the moment, his determination in that comeback was mind-boggling. As I said, it was the best game of snooker I have ever seen, the final black ball finish was so gripping, especially when Higgins had that very fine cut on the black. Higgins should have won it on the brown but completely bashed it. I honestly thought it was all over at 5 - 3 when Robertson was going into the reds but it just shows what can happen in this wonderful game. I have been watching all of the Grand Prix this week and that certainly has to be the match of the tournament by a country mile. And if people say snooker is dull and boring then all they need to do is look at that game and even if they don't understand snooker, I'm sure they will appreciate the excitement which was in that game. Also, games like that is the reason why the BBC want to keep their snooker contract. Phenomenal.

Comment

Originally Posted by bongo View Post
                That was the best game of snooker I have ever watched. Absolute drama. When Robertson was 5 - 3 up I thought it would be all over when he was going into the reds but even though John Higgins lost it was a phenomenal comeback and I agree with Neil Robertson, John Higgins is playing the best in the world at the moment. We all know how good Ronnie is but Higgins is just playing better than anybody else at the moment, his determination in that comeback was mind-boggling. As I said, it was the best game of snooker I have ever seen, the final black ball finish was so gripping, especially when Higgins had that very fine cut on the black. Higgins should have won it on the brown but completely bashed it. I honestly thought it was all over at 5 - 3 when Robertson was going into the reds but it just shows what can happen in this wonderful game. I have been watching all of the Grand Prix this week and that certainly has to be the match of the tournament by a country mile. And if people say snooker is dull and boring then all they need to do is look at that game and even if they don't understand snooker, I'm sure they will appreciate the excitement which was in that game. Also, games like that is the reason why the BBC want to keep their snooker contract. Phenomenal.
                great post bongo at 5-3 i thought robbo had it won but at 5-5 i thought it was over but robbo won in the end

Comment

I agree with you, bongo. That was a very spectacular match and I hope to see the crowd in the arena for Williams vs Ding match, too. The quality in Higgins vs Robertson was exceptional, but what made it a classic was the once again roaming audience
                  All the way Mark J!!

Comment

that was awsome! superb perfomance from both players. robertson deserved vicory, he is playing great snooker from first round. he never played better then this. sad thing, again there was small audience in glasgow.
                    Crosnooker @ Twitter Crosnooker @ Facebook

Comment

Without question the match of the tournament- my report is available on here

Comment

Originally Posted by footygirl View Post

brilliant report very well written

Comment

Originally Posted by footygirl View Post
                          Only two matches remaining to knock this one out of 1st spot
                          All the way Mark J!!

Comment

Just managed to catch the end of the match on Eurosport, plenty of drama for sure. The last black Higgins took on was very hard, and although playing safe wasn't that easy either maybe he shouldn't have gone for that. Doesn't matter now, big win for Robertson.

Comment

Originally Posted by rivercard View Post
                              Just managed to catch the end of the match on Eurosport, plenty of drama for sure. The last black Higgins took on was very hard, and although playing safe wasn't that easy either maybe he shouldn't have gone for that. Doesn't matter now, big win for Robertson.
                              I would prefer a sticking shot with a slow tempo, but it would take a very tough decision to go for it, especially knowing that a miss would mean a loss as there was a 3 point gap, favouring Robbo..
                              All the way Mark J!!

Comment

Some match that was, forgot to post in here as I was busy updating rankings and whatnot.

I jinxed Higgins the moment I told someone what a brilliant player he was under pressure about three shots before he missed the brown.

Tonight will do well to live up to that! Expect Ding to win but you never know.
                                sigpic
                                http://prosnookerblog.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X