Grand Prix 2009 - Final Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Alex0paul View Post
    For me he has to be second favourite for the World title.
    I wonder... behind O'Sullivan or Higgins?

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
      I wonder... behind O'Sullivan or Higgins?
      Given the draw, Higgins. They are set to meet though in the quarters though so I have contradicted myself.
      TSF World Champion 2010
      TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
      BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

Disappointing that this evening's play didn't live up to this afternoon's session, with Ding playing rather too cautiously to make any inroads into Robertson's lead.

The real turning point in the match happened to be when Ding ended up losing the 9th frame and from that point Robertson never looked back.

With Ding reaching the Final of a ranking event for sometime, this should give him the self belief that's been missing from his own game for sometime, and should now be a (big danger) in every tournament he enters..
        "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

I wonder did Ding got affraid to split the pack on few ocasions after that unfortunate foul when he split the pack beautifully from the blue, but poted a red in the top left corner pocket? He had chances later on to split the pack from the black, but refused it on few ocasions. If that had gone right, then maybe the scoreline would have been closer than this. Anyway, congratulations to Robo and his supporters. He was the best player throughout the tournament.

Comment

The final was a bit too one-sided, Ding lost the plot after the 9th frame but all credit to Robertson, well done!

Comment

Originally Posted by spike View Post
              Disappointing that this evening's play didn't live up to this afternoon's session, with Ding playing rather too cautiously to make any inroads into Robertson's lead.

The real turning point in the match happened to be when Ding ended up losing the 9th frame and from that point Robertson never looked back.

With Ding reaching the Final of a ranking event for sometime, this should give him the self belief that's been missing from his own game for sometime, and should now be a (big danger) in every tournament he enters..
              The fluency was indeed missing from the evening session. I'm happy that the whole final wasn't like that, the first session was very fluent from both players. But in the evening it still was tough competitive snooker. Robertson kept Ding under pressure after the 9th frame (which Ding should've won and, for me, gave Neil the whole match).

Hopefully Ding takes a step further soon and Robertson can keep his form. It was a great week for both of them. Well played Neil and congratulations!

Comment

Originally Posted by Looki View Post
                The fluency was indeed missing from the evening session. I'm happy that the whole final wasn't like that, the first session was very fluent from both players. But in the evening it still was tough competitive snooker. Robertson kept Ding under pressure after the 9th frame (which Ding should've won and, for me, gave Neil the whole match).

Hopefully Ding takes a step further soon and Robertson can keep his form. It was a great week for both of them. Well played Neil and congratulations!
                This sums it all up nicely. Congratulations Neil, and nice to see Ding back on the tracks again.
                ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

We're not allowed to discuss this story on The Snooker Forum but here's the story in full for anyone interested:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/6309...is-armour.html

Comment

Originally Posted by Templeton Peck View Post
                    We're not allowed to discuss this story on The Snooker Forum but here's the story in full for anyone interested:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/6309...is-armour.html
                    Thanks for the follow-up Peck.

Living in a city with one of the largest Chinese communities outside China
                    if I didn't find the Stink about "Chink" amusing it would merely be stupid.
                    I asked a couple of my Chinese snooker mates what they thought and, of course, they just laughed.
                    One of the attributes of growing up in a very multi-cultural environment is a mature understanding
                    of what is meant as a hurtful epithet and what isn't. A healthy attitude towards others must necessarily include humour.
                    I find the tiptoeing around these issues in sports broadcasting funny and silly too ...
                    the boxer in the "black shorts" against the boxer in the "white shorts" idea.
                    But there are rules.
                    I personally take no offense to being called a "Canuck", however I understand
                    that only black folks can call each other "Nigger", or Germans call each other "Nazi".
                    Really, it goes without saying.

As for Virgo, if he said "Now what's the cueball doing?!?!"
                    [ referring to Mark King or Stuart Bingham or Peter Ebdon, say ] I wouldn't object at all.
                    It only gets me mental if he says it TOO MUCH!!!

=o\

Noel

Comment

Working...
                    X