No announcement yet.

Mark Selby :eek:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This amazing ideas of Sleby remind me of Steve and amazing breaks about Stephen!
    2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
    2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

I realised he could get the highest break, the commentators didn't, but I do remember them mentioning "Ooh, he didn't even think about going for the black, he had potted 5 blacks and 5 reds, he isn't woried about the maximum..." but they forgot about the maximum break!
      http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/398/stickmenzl3.gif

I wish someday, I will witness a 155 break.

Comment

Lee's highest break was apparently 41 to Selbys 141. Has there even been such a large diffierence in major finals?

Comment

Originally Posted by dantuck_7 View Post
          Lee's highest break was apparently 41 to Selbys 141. Has there even been such a large diffierence in major finals?
          I don't know, but perhaps someone knows what were the highest breaks in the 1988 B&H Masters and 1989 Grand Prix, which Mike Hallett and Dean Reynolds lost respectively to love* to Steve Davis - perhaps one of these is a contender?

*in the "whitewashed", rather than amorous, sense of the word
          "If anybody can knock these three balls in, this man can."
          David Taylor, 11 January 1982, as Steve Davis prepared to pot the blue, in making the first 147 break on television.

Comment

Originally Posted by miscuehamburg View Post
            Mikaela Tabb also intervened pleading the audience to be quiet...
            Yes, she announced that Selby had a chance of equalling the highest break. Normally, I would not think that a referee should inform a player of this fact during a break (although should answer, if asked, what the existing highest break is).

I imagine, however, that Michaela can be excused here - since she only announced it in a plea to silence the crowd.... and by then Selby was on the final colours, so did not have much choice over which colour to choose anyway!
            "If anybody can knock these three balls in, this man can."
            David Taylor, 11 January 1982, as Steve Davis prepared to pot the blue, in making the first 147 break on television.

Comment

I am not a big fan of stephen lee,The only Lee's tournament win I have watched is the welsh open in which he beat shaun murphy.But I must admit it was shaun's bad play rather then lee's performance which resulted in him winning the tittle.
              My deep screw shot
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

i am not a big lee fan either but when he is playing well he is a superb player to watch.
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Lee prove that whre hi is in condition hi is one of top players .
                  Winner of crucible 77's 2008 Jiangsu Classic Fantasy Snooker Game
                  Winner of 2009 China Open Prediction Contest

Comment

I like Stephen a lot - he's a great bloke. Would love to see him maintain his return to form
                    "The five S’s of sports training are: Stamina, Speed, Strength, Skill and Spirit;
                    but the greatest of these is Spirit." Ken Doherty

Comment

You can't knock Lee, he's a GOOD player, but not a GREAT player.
                      http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/398/stickmenzl3.gif

I wish someday, I will witness a 155 break.

Comment

Originally Posted by sunny3909 View Post
                        But I must admit it was shaun's bad play rather then lee's performance which resulted in him winning the tittle.
                        A below par performance by one player is often the result of the opponent putting him in trouble throughout the encounter either by punishing every mistake or by disturbing his natural game/rhythm. It may not be the case in that particular match but it often is, wouldn't you agree?
                        Last edited by snooligan; 24 January 2008, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Very humble of you Paul, to put yourself in the 'donkey' category!!!!

Originally Posted by PaulTheSoave View Post
                          Very knowledgable. TheStatman immediately mentioned this after the match outside the arena (or was it the pub?). It separates the experts from the donkeys (me) as I also was more into the victory of Selby than actually getting the highest break in that particular frame. Explanation was given he bothered more about the 150 k and trophy than the highest break at that particular moment.
                          "And slowly and surely they drew their plans against us"

Comment

Got quite an inferior complex after joining you lot!.

Maybe next time we do some ice speed skating stats!

Originally Posted by lagermike View Post
                            Very humble of you Paul, to put yourself in the 'donkey' category!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by snooligan View Post
                              A below par performance by one player is often the result of the opponent putting him in trouble throughout the encounter either by punishing every mistake or by disturbing his natural game/rhythm. It may not be the case in that particular match but it often is, wouldn't you agree?
                              Well thats how the game is played.If u allow a player to get into rythmn u will find urself on the backfoot.Confidence plays a big part,if u are low on confidence then u will struggle to get even a 30 break .As the saying goes-
                              "EVEN THE CUES HAVE NERVES"
                              My deep screw shot
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

Originally Posted by Lee Vilenski View Post
                                I'm back - Well Sort of, but I have one thing to say

- Well Done Mark Selby! What the commentators didn't mention was that when he scored that 141(was it?) That was also his best break in a professional match. Before that, it was a nice 139. What a place to do your best ever break!
                                Hey Lee/guys,

....totally agree, Mark's come along way in the last couple of years, very impressive improvement, especially with his breakbuilding. Really good long potter as well.

A key strength is his approach to the game, relaxed attitude throughout match play, although keeps the focus, and can easily come back to win after being under so much pressure, admirable.

Great sense of humour, which comes out during play, infectious, lightens the mood, lifts the tension.

Nice to see Stephen come back to some sort of form, fought his corner when he had the chance to play. Great cueing action, awesome.

Lol...xx
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X