Masters - 1st Round Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masters - 1st Round Discussion

Well, seemingly there wasn't an existing thread, so, I thought I could open one up.

Discuss here!
    All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Really hope Mark Selby can win this for the third time.

Judd Trump is very much the man to beat at the moment though.

Comment

And what an opening game we have here. Will be interesting to see if Ronnie shows up for one of his favourite tournaments.
      Ding, on the other hand, has a game that can outplay an in-form Ronnie. But I'm not so sure if he is playing as well as he could, right now.

As for the evening's game, well, Maguire is somehow always finding a way to come up with a win against Williams and he has won a PTC to get back on track, or sort of.
      Williams, meanwhile, has had pretty much nothing since reaching back-to-back ranking event finals.
      Not sure who will be up to the task for this one, but looks like it will be a quality match.
      All the way Mark J!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Mr P View Post
        Really hope Mark Selby can win this for the third time.

Judd Trump is very much the man to beat at the moment though.
        Selby's game doesn't match himself up with Trump that well, especially with Trump going for anything.
        For someone to beat Trump, some ruthless long potting showcasing will be needed.
        That could very well be Ding, provided he wins today.
        Then again, I'd definitely not count O'Sullivan out in this one. Even with a not-so-awesome display, he wasn't far away from a win against Trump last time.
        All the way Mark J!!

Comment

I've been watching Selby play in the Championship league this and he looks to playing very well and he topped the group, but lost to Trump in the play offs!!

I really hope Ronnie turns up in his own mind, and hopefully he will cause this is his home tournament..... But Ding who has made two 147s this season already so hopefully he'll be firing on all cylinders so to speak of, interesting match up, some sparks should fly!!

I would love like Martin Gould to go all the way, cracking player just needs that break through and win a tournament to hopefully kick start a tournament winning streak.....

But the best thing of all is that all the players will be/should be match sharp..... because of all the extra tournaments this season so far!!

Looking forward to it soooooo much.....!!!!:snooker:
          Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
          Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Ronnie comes out on top with both players having earlier made uncharacteristic errors. Interesting start, anyway.
            All the way Mark J!!

Comment

Not sublime stuff from Ronnie, still leads 2-0, though.
              All the way Mark J!!

Comment

It seems like the crowd are on Ronnie's side , hopefully Ding can blank all this out otherwise its going to be a one man show i reckon

Comment

Ronnie's body language changed after the first two frames. Hopefully quality will pick up after the mid-session interval.
                  All the way Mark J!!

Comment

Well, that's a new low for me... For some reason I thought the tournament starts tomorrow. I just saw it had started as I was about to do a short preview.
                    Last edited by Odrl; 15 January 2012, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                      Well, that's a new low for me... For some reason I thought the tournament starts tomorrow. I just saw it had started as I was about to a short preview.
                      That's very unlike you Odrl.... I thought it was strange that I hadn't seen a pre tournament write up from you!!
                      Last edited by coomsey76; 15 January 2012, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by montoya10 View Post
                        Ronnie's body language changed after the first two frames. Hopefully quality will pick up after the mid-session interval.
                        Yeah hopefully, he seem to start to flow a little bit better in that last frame...!!:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                          Well, that's a new low for me... For some reason I thought the tournament starts tomorrow. I just saw it had started as I was about to do a short preview.
                          And then, I was wondering where had been your preview post with tournament already underway : )
                          All the way Mark J!!

Comment

Ronnie pulls out a screamer of a pot, what a shot that was.
                            All the way Mark J!!

Comment

I guess I will just have to leave this match out.

Originally Posted by montoya10 View Post
                              Ronnie pulls out a screamer of a pot, what a shot that was.
                              Yes, excellent. Just the kind of shot to break Ding's resolve a bit. The next frame is crucial for Ding now...

Comment

Working...
                              X