No announcement yet.

Masters - QF Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

''should more than one foul be committed in the same stroke the highest value penalty shall be incurred''

SO from that taken from the rules book it should have been 5. Yes the first foul was the brown but he then fouled the blue.
    Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Originally Posted by Giggity1984 View Post
      I thought it was the highest value ball fouled that counted though? We need the Statman on it lol
      Yeah normally it would, but as the foul was already called when the brown was feathered, I can't see how the blue comes into the equation...interesting to have the jury's verdict on this one.

Comment

Originally Posted by Deepscrew View Post
        ''should more than one foul be committed in the same stroke the highest value penalty shall be incurred''

SO from that taken from the rules book it should have been 5. Yes the first foul was the brown but he then fouled the blue.
        He did call foul 5 initially, didn't he? I could have sworn he did... I thought he got confused because there was another 4-point foul straight after that, and he thought a mistake was made with the score. Then on re-checking, he went through it and saw that everything was correct.

Comment

Hmm...I guess there's the answer. Might be cool if Big Jan did have it right after all...

Btw I can't seem to find the option to edit my own posts...is that correct?

Comment

should be to the left of the reply - reply with quote buttons. Bottom right of your post., Daffie.

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
              I've not seen all the matches but there does not seem to be no where near as many kicks in the matches . Also the players are hardly asking the ref to clean the cue ball . Anyone else notice this ? Could it be something to do with the size of the venue...different atmosphere ?
              Could be something to do with how hot it is in the arena....

I was there today watching Ronnie v Judd and I thought it was roasting in there!!
              Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
              Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                He did call foul 5 initially, didn't he? I could have sworn he did... I thought he got confused because there was another 4-point foul straight after that, and he thought a mistake was made with the score. Then on re-checking, he went through it and saw that everything was correct.
                He did yes. But sems to have got confused and changed a correct decision to a wrong one. Meant Dott had to wait for ages then missed the next red.

Comment

@eirianref says foul 4!! Cos blue wasnt potted...

Comment

should be to the left of the reply - reply with quote buttons. Bottom right of your post., Daffie.
                    Weird...I don't have the option. Only 'reply', 'reply with quote' and 'multi-quote' (I'm guessing about that one). Could it be because I'm a new member on the forum?

Comment

@eirianref says foul 4!! Cos blue wasnt potted...
                      Not sure about that one. The blue was the first ball the white hit, so it should be foul 5 really. He only hit the brown with his cue, so that's a separate foul.

Comment

maybe Daffie...not sure sorry.

@Odrl

US Snooker Association confirms 4 point foul. All very confusing.

Comment

maybe Daffie...not sure sorry.

@Odrl

US Snooker Association confirms 4 point foul. All very confusing.
                          Thanks anyway. Guess I'll have to very precise in posting

Certainly confusig regarding the foul. My bet is still on a 4-point one instead of 5.

Comment

Ok, we'll leave it for the referees I guess.

In my opinion, had the white just brushed the brown, then gone on to hit the blue, the blue would have been irrelevant, unless pocketed. So it would be a 4-point foul.

But since the white hit the blue first, it was one of the two fouls committed during the stroke, along with hitting the brown with the cue. In this case, the higher penalty of the two is 5 points, so that should stand.

Anyway, back to the match, Higgins just starting to take control...

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                              Ok, we'll leave it for the referees I guess.

In my opinion, had the white just brushed the brown, then gone on to hit the blue, the blue would have been irrelevant, unless pocketed. So it would be a 4-point foul.

But since the white hit the blue first, it was one of the two fouls committed during the stroke, along with hitting the brown with the cue. In this case, the higher penalty of the two is 5 points, so that should stand.

Anyway, back to the match, Higgins just starting to take control...
                              I see your point of view, and it's a valid one.

Yeah John is getting in the groove now...4-2. Might be cool if Dottie could crawl back to 4-4, and maybe have it go to 5 all, and have a final-frame decider. You can't beat that for excitement.

Comment

*Off-topic*

I asked a Mod regarding editing my own posts. Just saw that I now have the edit button, so that's resolved.
                                Last edited by daffie; 19 January 2012, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X