Masters - QF Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    Poor stuff from Williams, it seemed like he couldn't be bothered to take his time and think a bit more tactically. It seemed almost impossible to throw away that advantage.

Still a good clearance from Robertson though.
    Bog standard clearance tbf,more a case of a Williams brainfart than anything else.

Comment

• Well he did. Great break! Hopefully the first frame worked as a reminder to keep focus for the rest of the match.
      Last edited by Looki; 20 January 2012, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• Another frame thrown away by Williams. He should be 3-0 up by now.

Comment

• Robertson hasn't played at all well yet he's 2-1 up...
          :snooker:
          High break: 117
          2013 Midlands University Snooker Champion

Comment

• A weird result in a way. Neither player has played well, but Robertson seemed more willing to actually fight for it, and kept his concentration throughout the match so far.

Comment

• lol more talk about trump by the bbc, he isn't doing anything we haven't seen over the last 10 years, what about liang wenbo, another player who takes on everything.

Comment

• Trump is Yes a Good Potter as we all know by Watching Him nothing new there, but I have also seen otherside to him and Yes he is Very Big Headed Not just Now but a few yrs ago which I dont want to go into.

I would Much rather see Ronnie, Mark Williams, etc than Judd sorry my Personal Opinion.

We Must Remember there have been Plenty of Great Potters like Jimmy white who was one of the best Potters Ever but Never Fullfilled his Dreams!.....So I dont think they should be Jumping the Gun Yet!

In my Personal Opinion he isnt near the Affect that Stephen Hendry and Ronnie made when they Came to Light, Judd has been on tour since 2005 so 7yrs to get where he is Now!

Comment

• Remember top sixteens in those days had the likes of gary wilkinson in them he wouldnt make the tour these days
                  Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

• Well done to Robertson, but my opinion of his form has now changed dramatically. He battled well, but he will need to find a lot more fluency against Trump.

As for Williams, he gave it a shot, but he just wasn't playing well enough to complete the comeback. I think he lost the match in the first four frames, where he really had no business being 1-3 behind. Of the two players, I thought Robertson played with a lot more heart today.

Comment

• Rather dull match, not too much to get excited about. Hopefully tonight's match is more enjoyable to watch. Still rooting for Higgins though to win the Masters.

Comment

• Disappointed by the afternoon's match. Not just the outcome, but also the overall game was somewhat dull, as noted.
                        Best shot was a rest-in-the-air by MJW. The only thing that got me interested throughout the entire game.
                        All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

• Originally Posted by montoya10 View Post
                          Disappointed by the afternoon's match. Not just the outcome, but also the overall game was somewhat dull, as noted.
                          Best shot was a rest-in-the-air by MJW. The only thing that got me interested throughout the entire game.
                          You're not about to skip the final again, are you? Even if it's a Higgins-Robertson...

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                            You're not about to skip the final again, are you? Even if it's a Higgins-Robertson...
                            Heck, no : )
                            I will definitely watch it. Loved the tournament in general.
                            Just that I expected more from these two. Selby-Murphy should be a better one ( =
                            All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

• Originally Posted by montoya10 View Post
                              Heck, no : )
                              I will definitely watch it. Loved the tournament in general.
                              Just that I expected more from these two. Selby-Murphy should be a better one ( =
                              Yeah, same here. I expected this match to be the most entertaining, but it was completely flat in the end. In fact, most results this week have been 6-3ish, sometimes 6-4, and the winner was more often than not known after the first 7 or 8 frames.

Perhaps things will be a bit closer now that the real contenders have come through.

Comment

• What time does tomorrow afternoon's semi final start? The BBC website says 1PM, but their coverage starts at 2PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X