No announcement yet.

Judd's Mates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I,m a big fan of Trumps game but his arrogance is starting to turn me off him . He seems to think hes unbeatable and does,nt like it when he meets his match . to me that lacks class big time .

Comment

If I was Trump I'd be more worried about the fact that an OK performance from Robertson was enough to beat him comfortably rather than worrying about trying to look like the Big Man in front of his mates on Twitter.

Comment

Originally Posted by sunny3909 View Post
        Judd's comments were very unsporting.Neil was the better player of the two,tactically strong.
        Agreed. Judd has always had a high opinion of himself. Sure, a degree of self confidence and arrogance is needed to make it to the top level, but given what's happened here ( and yes, the media LOVE to blow things like this out of all proportion ), it's funny how all is right with the world when Judd is winning. ( just sayin' ).

Comment

Originally Posted by Gerry Armstrong View Post
          If I was Trump I'd be more worried about the fact that an OK performance from Robertson was enough to beat him comfortably rather than worrying about trying to look like the Big Man in front of his mates on Twitter.
          Spot on.

I guess Robbo was right to call for a bit of level-headed character for him, after all. He will not be next Ronnie or whatsoever by keeping such an attitude.
          Let's see if he can come back to the earth and make an apology for his disrespectful comments leater on, although the way things are going I'm not sold on that probability yet.
          All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

I wonder whether a full transcript of Trump's comments in context would give the same impression as the Eurosport article. I suspect the quotes have been carefully edited to produce the required effect.

Comment

Judd is a young lad of 22 with friends of a similar age, I would be cheering my best mate and possibly getting over excited.

You are missing the point, it is Robertson who is the bad sportsman in the manner of his celebrations and provoking his opponent's supporters.

Also is it good sportmanship to deliberately slow play to try and put off your opponent as Mark Allen and Shaun Murphy both commented?

Comment

DG GILBERT are you One of Judd's so Called Supporters! If so it doesnt Matter if Judd is 22 Hes a Professional Now and has to Act like One! And his Friends if there 22 they Should be Ashamed as I wouldnt let my 12yr Old Act like that.

The Reason Roberston Acted like that and Pointed to JUDDS FRIENDS was because they were Shouting Out in the Crowd and Acting Like 2yr Olds! They were Lucky it wasnt somebody who Flys off the Handle Like Quinten Hann!!...lol

Comment

Originally Posted by DG GIBERT View Post
                  Judd is a young lad of 22 with friends of a similar age, I would be cheering my best mate and possibly getting over excited.

You are missing the point, it is Robertson who is the bad sportsman in the manner of his celebrations and provoking his opponent's supporters.

Also is it good sportmanship to deliberately slow play to try and put off your opponent as Mark Allen and Shaun Murphy both commented?
                  If you read the one tweet from teamsumthink which is basically a group of Judds mates they deliberately set about to intimidate the ozzy as they put it. Things don't always come across on the TV as they do in the arena sometimes and Neil probably heard things like this to put him off so why shouldn't he use whatever tactics he likes to stop Judd. At the end of the day the match is played out on the table, there shouldn't be any outside influences, particularly not from either of the players involved and its clear as day that Judd wants and asks for this support so has to take the rough with the smooth.

Comment

@Cueman. Couldn't agree more.

And Judd needs to look within himself and decide what kind of player he wants to be. He shouldn't let his so-called friends and hangers-on dictate the way he approaches the game. Does Judd have a coach? I'm assuming he does. Wouldn't this be something a coach can address with the player? It will benefit Judd in the long run I feel, just focus on your game and clear outside influences. Of course family and friends will always have a place, but try to make the game your own, and not let others make it for you.

Comment

Anyone got a link to judds "mates" or should i say, his hangers on. Can't seem to find it on twitter myself.

Comment

At the end of the day Judd was expected to win cos he is English end of ! The crowd wanted him to win and several of the English commentators thought he would win ! But Robbo was the higher ranked player end of !
                        Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Its known in these parts his mates are tw*ts. Hangers on to the maximum.

He has no advisers so is left to his own devices. I hope he gets some decent advice soon.
                          Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Yes i think judd has let recent success go to his head. He now seems to think he just has to turn up to win. Blaming slow play is utter nonsense, snooker is a tactical game. I wonder how he would have faired against eddie charlton. Now thats slow.

Comment

Have you noticed the same voices are shouting out for Murphy every chance they get. What a bunch of ******s.
                              Whoever said "Winning isn't everything; it's the only thing" was an arsehole.

Comment

Yup...rather annoying. Hopefully the ref will step in soon...

Comment

Working...
                                X