Judd's Mates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Deepscrew View Post
    Its known in these parts his mates are tw*ts. Hangers on to the maximum.

He has no advisers so is left to his own devices. I hope he gets some decent advice soon.
    Judd may get some advisors but his "mates" wont!
    I don't mind a bit of support from the audience BUT never when the player is at the table/down on the shot, whether that be your favourite or the opposition.
    Also about Judd not acknowledging the other's good shot, I mentioned this to the wife in a previous tourny and it has not changed in this comp. I take this as not being obnoxious or rude, just poor training and the usual with many "youngsters" with not understanding the expected conduct and common decency that you see now-a-days in clubs and halls.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Goes back to the fact that they do not live in the real world .......never done a days work in their lives and just expect everything to be given to them .

As i say .....met the brother when Judd played a mate of mine at Prestatyn [ Can't spell too many ciders ] , he could only have been about 14 at the time......told the little twat to shut up .

It amazes me to see how far the BBC Commentators tongues are up his backside .....Him and Mark Allen neec to take a long hard look at themselves .
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Think that Cider is repeating on you muck

Comment

What Neil done was totally acceptable, Trumps 'mates' where out of order and if anything very annoying
          Matt

Comment

DeanH

How often do you see any player aknowledge a good shot, i watch just about every match on BBC, SKY and Eurosport, i find it very rare.
            Probably not picked up on the cameras.

Comment

Quite often you see a player tap the table in recognition of a good shot .
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Cheering on your mates isn't new, "C'mon Jimmy" when he wasn’t even playing was common years ago.

Deliberately winding up the other player is out of order, and the ref should have a word, but Neil’s response was completely
                understandable if not acceptable because the adrenalin when winning a major game when you are not the favourite is way up there, so I applauded him when he did it.

As for slow play, forget Steady Eddy and "I'm in the final now" Terry, what about Ebdon, he admitted it, and as he said, " it worked".

You aint seen a slow game until you watch Eddy Vs Thorburn. *I*think they are still playing the 1972 3rd round. Hahahahahaha

Comment

Sorry to add another post, I am trying to get past the admin watch list thing.

If tapping the table is considered "being respectful" then surely not tapping it indicates................

He'll know he isnt "approved of" when he is in the players room and sitting on his own, or with his partner, does he ever go into the player room ????????

Comment

judd trump @judd147t
                    "Was that @nr147 friends calling out when @magician147 just played a bad safety? Haha"

This was what Judd Trump tweet an hour ago....I think it just show him such a "bad loser"...

Comment

Found this on another forum, talking about one of Judds mates:

He is the "best mate" that shared a hotel room with Trump last World Champs. He describes himself as a 'part time bodyguard, full time Winner at Life!' and was boasting last night about 10 bottles of Moet and a £300 bottle of something else. Nobody hanging on Trump's coat-tails is just about size of it, I think. According to Twitter, he and Trump have been on international playboy style holidays abroad multiple times since the last WC, and he's always going on about how much they spend on alcohol.
                      Not surprised Judd acts like a twat if hes hanging around such people.
                      "Am too good not to win this tournament" - Stephen Hendry

Comment

Catastrophic damage to the Trump brand this week. He needs to ditch his buddies from school and get a decent mentor FAST. If its Barry Hearn then he will just end up plastered all over Hello and the Sun and probably married off to some photogenic bimbo, I mean someone sensible like Terry G.

I also think that if Trump's associates were deliberatley trying to influence the outcome of the semi final in a premeditated fashion, as is implied by some of the tweets I have seen discussed here, then they should be barred from attending future matches, and World Snooker should investigate the circumstances further.

Great final between two class acts who were great to watch and played the match in a really good spirit. Exactly what the game needs.

Comment

It's hardly a new thing... Thorburn claimed Davis's mates were trying to put him off in the 1981 World Championship semi-final.

Comment

Jeez lads, whats with all the Trump hating ?? The kids only 22! hes young and enjoying himself and so what if he drums up a little controversy, its good for the game!

Besides, as a snooker fan, i cudnt care less what the players get up to or say away from the table, its what they do on the table that matters!

Judd Trump is the best thing to happen snooker for a decade or more, try enjoying his snooker instead of slaggin him off over stupid little things.

Comment

I can see both sides. Arrogance served Hendry well during his reign.

Judd will either have to produce enough results to overshadow his friends' stupidity or else muzzle them.

Comment

I must say, I'm not a big fan of Judd. I give credit where it's due, and over the past year he's been on such form you could almost believe he was unbeatable. If you told me after the Masters last year Judd would win the China Open and the UK I would've laughed. He wasn't even that consistent a qualifier. So credit to him for improving his game that much that quickly.

But I feel he is beginning to believe his own hype. The BBC have been falling over themselves to kiss his bottom since the Crucible. Hazel Irvine clearly fancies him. (And I'm pretty sure John Virgo does as well.) A lot of the fans have got behind him as well, jumping on the bandwagon since Ronnie's form has been in decline. The problem is Judd loves it. He loves his followers on twitter, he loves the adulation the BBC gives him. That's dangerous in a sports star. You should be able to shut the fans off, whether they love you or hate you and just go for the win.

I think he'll have trouble keeping it real, to be honest. Unless he surrounds himself with the right people. You don't see Jimmy going around giving it the big I am. He still seems genuinely humbled by the postive attention, and plays the game because he still loves playing.

Comment

Working...
                                X