No announcement yet.

Masters - Final Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The BBC are talking about Ronnie when he isn't even playing. No change there then.

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
      The BBC are talking about Ronnie when he isn't even playing. No change there then.
      I have a feeling it's more of a tribute and maybe a saying goodbye should ronnie decide to quite snooker altogether. I doubt he will, but who knows...

Comment

Hard to envisage Murphy winning from a four frame deficit, Robertson has the momentum and the confidence with how well he is potting today..
        "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Was hoping for a closer match today.

Hope theres a few more frames in it yet, but robbo may go up to within 1 of winning post now. looks like 7 out of 7 major finl wins run . incredible if he pulls it off eh. which he no doubt will now...

Come on the lefties...

Comment

Yes too bad, I can't see Murphy coming back now. Looked like it might have been a closer match. But hey, Murphy never gives up...so who knows, we might have a comeback yet. That would something!

Comment

Another good break from Robertson, he really isn't making any mistakes now. So, it looks like the tradition might continue today. For the past 15 years the Masters final has either finished 10-3, 10-4, 10-8 or 10-9. When Robertson was leading 5-4 I was sure it would be one of the latter two results.

Another bad sign for Murphy, he only needed three snookers with reds still on the table, but decided to concede anyway. Personally, I would have given it a shot.

Comment

Terrific break from Murphy! Come on, just give me 35 more minutes guys.

Comment

If only Murphy could have started one frame earlier. 7-8 would be game on but 6-9 is probably still just waiting till Robertson gets a chance.

Comment

Uhh it was hard to be a Robertson fan, when he made that break of the pack and then the rest shot, but well done Neil. I feel a bit sorry for Murphy as he has been playing so well this week. I hope there´ll be a title for him soon.
                    ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                    "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

And congratulations to Robertson.
                      ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                      "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Yes congrats to a worthy winner. And to Murphy who is always so gracious in defeat, and respectful...a class-act. Neil was best today and played great matchplay snooker. Murphy couldn't keep up.

Very enjoyable tournament, sad it's over. Next...the World Championship, I can't wait. See you there...
                        Last edited by daffie; 22 January 2012, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Well played Robertson, he took his chance in one visit when it came.

For me he is now clearly the most successful player of the 81-83 generation, ahead of Murphy, Selby and Maguire in that order. In the opening post I said his invincibility in major finals didn't really impress me, but a win over Murphy does make his record look very impressive now.

As happens with most winners, I think he might now have a couple of quite tournaments, but he must surely be considered one of the immediate favourites for the World title at the end of the season.

Comment

7/7 that's impressive. He's not frightened by sight of the winning line is he.
                            And fair dues to Murphy, that was a gutsy attempted fightback, but the tactical side of his game left him a bit short today. Good match though, really enjoyed it.

-
                            The fast and the furious,
                            The slow and labourious,
                            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                              Yes congrats to a worthy winner. And to Murphy who is always so gracious in defeat, and respectful...a class-act. Neil was best today and played great matchplay snooker. Murphy couldn't keep up.

Very enjoyable tournament, sad it's over. Next...the World Championship, I can't wait. See you there...
                              Hope we'll be seeing you before then daffie! We've got the Championship League, the German Masters, the Welsh Open, the World Open, PTC finals, and the China Open all to come before the big one.

-
                              Last edited by PatBlock; 22 January 2012, 11:22 PM.
                              The fast and the furious,
                              The slow and labourious,
                              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Congratulations to Robertson. I'm not going to get carried away and say he is in with a very good chance of winning the World's after his performance this week at The Masters as so much can happen from now till April, but he looks to be back to something like his best which makes him a very dangerous player.
                                "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Working...
                                X