Hendry Announces Retirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hendry Announces Retirement

Stephen Hendry has just announced his retirement from all forms of snooker. More soon

A really big shame, greatest player of all time, but really he should of made this decision at least 5 years ago.

Comment

Massive shame!

Comment

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

he'l be back

Comment

id rather he wasnt, once retired you should stay retired I think, he's obviously not enjoying it any more, the greatest of all time in all sports play because they love the game, but they also play because they love to win, if he can no longer win tournaments then why should he carry on if he doesnt want to? He has no obligation to play, the season has ended for him, he should do what he wants to do. . .

Comment

I am deeply saddened. but look at Steve Davis he still plays !

Comment

147 . Beat Higgins 13-4 !!!! Still has something to offer surely
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Thing is he's been a winner all his life, his entire life wasnt based on trying to play his best and see what happens, his entire purpose for playing snooker was one thing, WINNING! If he feels he cant do that any more than I applaud him, he has said before if he felt he couldnt win tournaments then he would retire, well done great man for sticking to your guns, being true to yourself and knowing when he didnt want to put himself through it any more, they'll never be another folks!

Comment

Sad news this. But from his point point of view this maybe just the right moment, since he played fantastic snooker in the first two rounds.

I'm looking forward to hear him in the commentary box later on

PS I think this announcement just caused the server overheating here
                  Ten reds and not a colour...

Comment

Best winner in the history of Snooker, one of the best winners in any sport ever.

Thank you for the memories Stephen, a true living legend.

Comment

Henry going is an end of an era I'm sure like myself so many PPL still enjoyed watching him play. I feel a great sadness and although he was no longer a top sixteen player his retirement will be a great loss to the game.

Comment

That explains the smile he got on his face for most of the match, then. I've seen him play bad snooker, but previously, he never smiled like that.
                        So, a decision made months ago, eh? It must be tough for him to play every match, every frame and in the very end, every shot as possibly his last.

I've been watching snooker for a decade from now. So, I never saw him playing in his heyday. But even in the early 2000s, Hendry's determination and winning attitude was so apparent that I never quite liked him, as a fan of golden generation from 1992.
                        But I know that this is what makes you a great champion. You'll have many fans and fans of other players won't really like you.
                        Hats off to Hendry. It's hard to find someone who will look back at his career and find very little to regret about, if he finds any, of course.
                        All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

He will give some great break building insights from the commentary box in the future.

Comment

goodbye to a legend.
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Au Revoir Stephen, you deserve to do what makes you happy

"I want to do other things now. I've got a lot of commitments now in China, which I've signed up for and I can't do that and play snooker because I would never be at home."

Anyone know if these are snooker related committments or something else ?

Comment

Working...
                              X