No announcement yet.

Hendry Announces Retirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck to him in retirement best snooker player ever.

Comment

It's a good decision for hendry. Watching his face sitting in his chair when losing to someone was the face of a man that is on the verge of nerve breakdown so...at least his health will be ok now. He can now concentrate on fishing or something :-)
      Just kidding, great man, great player, fantastic career. He can walk proudly for the rest of his life.
      ...cue is our weapon, and we know how to kill...

Comment

Absolute G.O.A.T, will be sorely missed and I can't wait until he comes back to do BBC commentary.

Comment

Originally Posted by breakman16 View Post
          I got someone, darts player Phil Taylor, the greatest and most successful sportsman in the world and one of the top 5 most successful sportsmen of all time.

Ive been watching snooker 24 years, I'm 29, lifelong fan, I can remember watching in 87 88 Doug Mountjoy, Dean O'Kane and others, just as Hendry started to rise and Davis tried to cling on, one of my sporting heroes, see my previous post on page 1! Very sad, but pleased he's doing what he thinks is right!
          what about bjorn dunkerbeck?
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

It's a strange feeling I have now. I'm sad, because he leaves, but then I'm also glad that he found the right moment. Made a 147 in his "home", beat John Higgins 13:4, just wished that he would have won a couple of more frames against Maguire.

And of course it's strange that I will never see him playing snooker again. The great old man always was around.
            I haven't seen him live in his heyday, since I began to watch snooker in 2000, but I've seen enough of his famous matches on tape and his records speak for themselves.
            He is for sure the best player ever.

Good bye Stephen! And thanks for everything you did for us snooker fans!

Comment

He looked to be enjoying himself this year, even in the 10-2 loss. One of the greats of the game. I've watched him live several times, but sadly they were all in the latter stages of his career. Would've loved to been in the crowd for one of his games in his pomp.

It's just a shame I didn't have any beer at home for which to toast him yesterday, which I am sure I will make up for in the next few days.

Hopefully, he does some exhibitions near me soon.

Comment

Hearing that there will be a guard of honour for Hendry before the 2.30pm session today with the former World Champions who are currently at the Crucible.

Comment

Hendry Announces Retirement

He seemed certain he was retiring and not ever coming back, but who actually thinks he'll be back at some point?

Comment

Originally Posted by imy147 View Post
                    Hearing that there will be a guard of honour for Hendry before the 2.30pm session today with the former World Champions who are currently at the Crucible.
                    And quite right great to hear thank you hope he gets a lot more xxx

Not a dry eye in the housexx

Comment

Indeed well deserved......

Goodbye Stephen Hendry you have been a true legend and will be missed on the tournament circuit!!
                      Last edited by coomsey76; 2 May 2012, 09:25 AM.
                      Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                      Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Originally Posted by Jake O'Sullivan View Post
                        He seemed certain he was retiring and not ever coming back, but who actually thinks he'll be back at some point?
                        I don't think so, not to "tournament snooker" but maybe for a charity match or something similar. It's just not his style to come back once he has made a decision to retire. Also, as the World Snooker article quoted Higgins saying "Davis loves snooker, Hendry loves winning". If Hendry's not winning, he has no reason to play.
                        "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
                        - Linus Pauling

Comment

Fantastic...well deserved indeed.

Comment

Farewell to a Legend. He always played the game as it should be played, and set a standard that has still never been surpassed.

And, finally Jimmy White gets the birthday present he always wanted, just several decades too late.

-
                            The fast and the furious,
                            The slow and labourious,
                            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                              Farewell to a Legend. He always played the game as it should be played, and set a standard that has still never been surpassed.

And, finally Jimmy White gets the birthday present he always wanted, just several decades too late.

-
                              Indeed...btw Steve Davis seemed genuinely saddened by the news of Hendry's retirement.

Comment

Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                                Indeed...btw Steve Davis seemed genuinely saddened by the news of Hendry's retirement.
                                So are most snooker fans so it is hardly surprising.

Comment

Working...
                                X