UK Champ. 2009 - Semi-final Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by The Boss View Post

Double Dutch or Double sure?: Verhaas' controversial call ignited the Rocket's comeback
    controversial? ignited?

Comment

• Originally Posted by visionaire View Post
      What did Jan do wrong?
      He moved the white in the 13 frame!!!
      I don't understand why?
      Can anybody tell me what BBC commentators said after this?
      I never expected such a thing from him.
      It really looks like he do it in purpose...
      Did you see Higgins reaction after that frame?
      Nevermind...
      Winner of 2008 Grand Prix Prediction Contest

Comment

• He still should have gone for Snookers though, you can guarentee if the shoe was on the other foot Higgins would have gone for it only needs 4 points worth. The fifth frame of the game was won by Higgins with Snookers (and a bit of lukc with the white going in) and it completely shaped the session imho.

Ronnie seems like a different player these days though, alot more bottle and spirit than before. If he was like this when he want 20 he probably would have broken all the records in the game.

nevermind.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
          Yes, but it's the kind of game that makes you realize there's order and meaning to the universe.
          Yes, the Gods are more powerful than the players

We can control our fate....when given the chance!
          sigpic
          Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Comment

• I can understand why he didn't want to play on for snookers, although I expected him to. He made a quick decision when he was probably sick of losing the way he did. I'm sure there are some other players that would have done the same.

Comment

• looooooool.. what an epic game of snooker

impressed with higgins composure in the last frame.. tough test of character.

impressed with the way ronnie carried on playing after 8-2. what a comeback..

everything has been said already so i'll just go ahead and say.. C'MON DING

Comment

• I have to say i was a little surprised that O' Sullivan didn't carry on for Snookers, but he knew his fate was sealed and he couldn't wait to get out of that arena.

This defeat will definately hurt, but no doubt he will come back more determined than ever come The Masters..
                "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Originally Posted by wildhoney28 View Post
                  He moved the white in the 13 frame!!!
                  I don't understand why?
                  Can anybody tell me what BBC commentators said after this?
                  I never expected such a thing from him.
                  It really looks like he do it in purpose...
                  Did you see Higgins reaction after that frame?
                  Nevermind...
                  the reason why Jan moved the white was because the white is supposed to be touching the red before the first foul and miss, therefore it should be replaced to be touching the red, and I think Higgins made a note to Jan that the white is not touching the red, therefore Jan made sure the white is where he thinks it should be...

I think Higgins reaction is more due to Jan not calling the "miss" which allows Higgins to send Ronnie back to the table with the balls replaced with the colour as the ball-on...

Comment

• This was on all accounts a fantastic match and although I'm not happy with the result I have to congratulate John for his win. He held himself remarkabely well after losing 6 frames on the trot. All praise to him.
                    But I'm still very proud of my lucky dip ... that was a fantastic comeback under the highest pressure. So well done both and thank you for offering us this terrific display of snooker.

@superaussie ... thank you.
                    Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
                    http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

• Originally Posted by lk8 View Post
                      the reason why Jan moved the white was because the white is supposed to be touching the red before the first foul and miss, therefore it should be replaced to be touching the red, and I think Higgins made a note to Jan that the white is not touching the red, therefore Jan made sure the white is where he thinks it should be...

I think Higgins reaction is more due to Jan not calling the "miss" which allows Higgins to send Ronnie back to the table with the balls replaced with the colour as the ball-on...
                      No way. If it is no miss, no ball should be replaced after the ill attempt
                      Ten reds and not a colour...

Comment

• He should call the miss as well....

Comment

• Originally Posted by Monique View Post
                          This was on all accounts a fantastic match and although I'm not happy with the result I have to congratulate John for his win. He held himself remarkabely well after losing 6 frames on the trot. All praise to him.
                          But I'm still very proud of my lucky dip ... that was a fantastic comeback under the highest pressure. So well done both and thank you for offering us this terrific display of snooker.

@superaussie ... thank you.
                          The match proves Ronnie isn't finished by a long shot and that he will win in Sheffield in May
                          sigpic
                          Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Comment

• Originally Posted by spike View Post
                            I have to say i was a little surprised that O' Sullivan didn't carry on for Snookers, but he knew his fate was sealed and he couldn't wait to get out of that arena.
                            I dont really think its about fate, the fact is if John just accepted it was fate that he should loose frame 5 and not bother himself to try for snookers then it would have been 3-2 instead of 4-1. That was a preety signficant moment and made a massive difference to the outcome of the game.

Its hard to critisise anyone tonight though. Probably one of the most enjoyable matches of all time.

Comment

• Best match since Masters final between those two.

Comment

• I believe the referee simply forgot to say “miss” and Ronnie reminded him of that.

Tim
                                http://www.snooker-coach.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X