No announcement yet.

UK Champ. 2009 - Semi-final Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well played John! It would've been bitter juice to swallow for Higgins if he had lost. You got feel sorry for the loser in these kind of matches, if you comeback like that only to lose decider or if you have led like Higgins did and then lose, must take a while to get over it.

Comment

• I'm very sad.

But congrats and good luck Higgins.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOCoVQZSihc

Love snooker.:fat:

Comment

• Well played John!!!!!!! What a game!!!! Hats off to Ronnie for his comeback, an amazing performance, but to say I'm delighted to see John as the winner is an understatement!!!
        Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• Originally Posted by João View Post
          John Higgins was clearly the best of the three players tonight. Well done.
          AGREE!
          Verhaas should be ashamed of.
          Well done John.
          What a match!
          Winner of 2008 Grand Prix Prediction Contest

Comment

• Wow, what an absorbing game that was! Well done John. Commiserations Ronnie.
            2009 & 2010 UK Championship Fantasy Game Winner
            2011 China Open Lucky Dip Winner

Comment

• A truly great match! Congrats to John Higgins with the way he held himself together in that final frame with all the pressure that must have been on his shoulders.

Respect to Ronnie O' Sullivan with the fine performance he showed, and the bottle he has under the most severest of pressure.

I hope that this match does not become overshadowed by what happened in the 13th frame, and will instead be best remembered for the outstanding standard both players produced..
              "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Originally Posted by HunRon View Post

I'm very sad.

But congrats and good luck Higgins.
                No need to feel sad, OSullivan showed us what he can do when he really wants to. But the hard working Higgins deserves all resqpect !
                I saw that going differently in my mind

Comment

• Does anyone actually know what happened there with Verhaas.

As i understand it (from watching it on the Internet with NO commentary while the X-Factor was on) Ronnie egot down to address the shot and then fouled on a ball he was cueing over. So why did Jan start to move the white? Surely the white didn't need moving. I know he should have called a miss anyway but could someone clear this up?

Comment

• Originally Posted by wildhoney28 View Post
                    AGREE!
                    Verhaas should be ashamed of.
                    Well done John.
                    What a match!
                    What did Jan do wrong?

Comment

• Double Dutch or Double sure?: Verhaas' controversial call ignited the Rocket's comeback
                      sigpic
                      Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                        I hope everyone that was moaning about a boring match learned their lesson tonight.

This was the second most exciting match I've ever seen. The pot on the black where Higgins was cueing over two reds? In my opinion the shot of the season so far, under the circumstances. And then the long green he took... Balls of steel!

But it took two players to create the magic tonight, so I take my hat off to Ronnie O'Sullivan. What a player!
                        I took my lesson, sir

And it was one of the best blacks ever by John Higgins under such pressure..

Actually, I'm done with the words at the moment. I don't want to watch the final anymore. This match perhaps made the things a little bit bad for me, as I'm not going to get excited for quite some time watching snooker.

Anyway, hats off to both.. What a great match!! Now, did you get what I tried to mean before the match, I mean I had a post explaining that neither of their latest matches had been classics.. This is now a true classic. It is going to be remembered for years, it's certain.

I don't think we will ever have a match again for quite some time...
                        All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

• At the end of the day it's only a game snooker,a very nice one but...
                          I saw that going differently in my mind

Comment

• Very exciting comeback by Ronnie, but I felt he should not have conceded so quickly (especially since he won 6 consecutive frames) - he only needed 4 points.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Wim View Post
                              At the end of the day it's only a game snooker,a very nice one but...
                              Yes, but it's the kind of game that makes you realize there's order and meaning to the universe.

Comment

• Originally Posted by HK1 View Post
                                Very exciting comeback by Ronnie, but I felt he should not have conceded so quickly (especially since he won 6 consecutive frames) - he only needed 4 points.
                                i think he felt a bit guilty for that black ball episode thats why he didnt go for snookers

Comment

Working...
                                X