Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good win for Jack that...

Comment

yes great win For Joe coming from 3-0 down against Stephen Magurie, Mike Hallett said Joe had enter the world chahampionships as a WPBSA Member, does anybody know which other WPBSA members or amateurs have entered the event

also I hope to see Joe back on the main tour next season as well

does anyone also know the main tour struture for next season I.E, which players will make up the field of 128 players

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
      What a great result for the now amateur Joe Swail against Maguire, winning from 3 - 0 down. Well done Joe.

Still the better part of two matches to enjoy tonight, Allen v Mark Davis now, then Selby v Lisowski after that.

Stream:
      http://88.80.15.211/b00ha/20130312/v...47-541228.html

-
      Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
        What a great result for the now amateur Joe Swail against Maguire, winning from 3 - 0 down. Well done Joe.

-
        Hi PB,

Cheers for the Opening Post Indeed wonderful to see Joe go through to the next round. He played very well to come back from way behind.

Comment

Originally Posted by Holden Chinaski View Post
          Lisowski wins! Selby had a bit of bad luck in the last frame.
          Makes a change

To be honest it was a good performance from Jack, played very well after not getting a look in first frame. Took the next two playing some very good stuff and Selby looked a little nervous as its probably the first time he has played Lisowski who showed no fear. He is top 16 material already, just needs a good season next year and he will be cemented in the top 16 for the next decade easily he is that good.

Comment

I saw some of this on Eurosport yesterday whilst I wasn't at work.

Tom Ford beat Martin Gould, which surprised me. Gould hasn't had good form for a while though.

I missed Barry Hawkins, and most of Neil Robertson. But did get to see Mags lose to Joe Swail. That was a pretty good match, for a best of 7. Mags was 3-0 up, and managed to lose 4-3.

Ken Doherty is on later tonight. Hopefully I'll get to see that. I don't mind Ken-Do.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
              He is top 16 material already, just needs a good season next year and he will be cemented in the top 16 for the next decade easily he is that good.
              Not sure about that... He has done alright in the PTCs, a run to the final and decent runs in two further events. He beat Judd Trump twice, and after yesterday's win he has two wins over Selby as well, all in best-of-7 matches.

But the main ranking events have been more of a problem for him. He has played in all eight of them so far, and only won one match against a higher-ranked player, Joe Perry in the UK Championship. He lost his first match on a couple of occasions, and has actually dropped two places in the rankings as a result. So he could do with a couple more wins this week. And he has also qualified for the China Open, where he will play Trump again if he wins his wildcard match. :smile:

I think he could definitely do with a bit more experience as well. His shot selection is all over the place at times, and his scoring is pretty inconsistent at the moment. But at least he seems less nervous than in his first couple of TV appearances. :smile:

Comment

So, both N1 & N2 in the World out , interesting...

Comment

Honestly, what in the world is going on with Judd Trump???
                  He was close to be unstoppable early in the season and all of a sudden, he can't pot sitters...Disturbing, to say the least. Not saying he's taking bets on his name but man, I start to be suspicious.....You can't loss your talent over night like this. Can happen in one or two tournament, you're tired, you hit a wall, ok. But on such a long period it's pretty incredible!
                  I hope it's just a long slump, and only that, and that he'll come back. The game needs top level players like him.
                  Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Judd is very much a confidence player, in my opinion. He needs to believe he's unstoppable. When those crazy shots go in for him, and the fans start getting excited and the BBC commentators are kissing his arse and telling him he's naughty he can go on a real roll and look damn near unplayable.

Miss a couple, and suddenly he starts realising he's not God, and suddenly he is struggling. He's not a John Higgins type who would win when he was playing like crap.

Judd will come back into form though. A win or two, and suddenly he'll be back to his best.

Comment

Originally Posted by wmccreedy View Post
                      Jack is one for the future though. He may be as good as Trump and have more personality, given time.
                      He could hardly have much less personality ....

Comment

Originally Posted by streamer45 View Post
                        So, both N1 & N2 in the World out , interesting...
                        It's been a great first round so far hasn't it. Yesterday's match between Higgins and Carter was a peach, both played really well but it was a deserved win for Ali I think. Got to admire his tenacity, it can't be easy concentrating on your game with something like Crohn's nagging away at you all the time.

Trump v Burden was a cracker as well, not quite the same level of quality but very entertaining all the same, the battle for the last few colours of the 6th frame was a real nail biter and after losing it I thought Burden might have missed the boat, but he held his nerve and took his chance in the decider, finishing it off in style with a classy 113.

And still to come today:

Milkins v McGill
                        Woolaston v Williams
                        Bingham v Perry

Then we start round 2 this evening with:

Lisowski v Ford
                        Allen v Swail

-
                        The fast and the furious,
                        The slow and labourious,
                        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Well done Alfie. I'm glad he beat Judd, long may it continue!
                          Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

Watching McGill against Milkins, started well and now it's more than scrappy. It's 49-43 to McGil in the 6th frame, Milkins gave away 37 points with fouls. McGill made two outstanding breaks of 8 and 4. Amazing

McGill flukes the last red but fails to clear, misses a very tricky blue tied to the cushion that would've won him the match. He finally wins it 4-2 on the final pink. Milkins must be absolutely disgusted!!
                            Last edited by Valiullin; 14 March 2013, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Anyone know what time the Swail \Allen match starts tonight?

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                                Anyone know what time the Swail \Allen match starts tonight?
                                At the moment, it's scheduled for around 11.pm UK time.

-
                                The fast and the furious,
                                The slow and labourious,
                                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Working...
                                X