2013 PTC Finals Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
    At the moment, it's scheduled for around 11.pm UK time.

-
    And that is being conservative. Can see all matches going the distance tonight, fortunately Ford v Lisowski will be a quick match as neither player will get involved in any tactical battles. Could be a midnight start which is just stupid. They really haven't scheduled these matches well this week. Too many sluggers on early who will always struggle to see off a best of 7 in anything less than 3 hours, plus best of 7's tend to be more tense so you see a lot more scrappy frames.

Comment

Does anyone on here think the current (packed) calendar is making the top players become fatigued now we're into March?

I was going to put a cheeky bet on Trump to win this year's World Championship, but I've changing my mind over the last couple of weeks...
      Favourite players: Kirk Stevens, Stephen Hendry, John Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Ding Junhui

Comment

Very nice match on now! 134 break by Ford to respond to Lisowski, it's all square 1-1

Comment

Can't believe Tom missed that blue! :nightmare:

-
          The fast and the furious,
          The slow and labourious,
          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Wow, there's been some damn sloppy play in this match by both players, thoroughly enjoying it though. Wonder which one of them will eventually stumble over the line...

-
            Last edited by PatBlock; 14 March 2013, 11:24 PM.
            The slow and labourious,

Comment

In some matches it's a shame there has to be a loser... It's a shame there had to be a winner in this one, after all the missed sitters and attempts from distance that got nowhere near. :smile: I bet Lisowski won't forget that blue in the penultimate frame for a while.

Comment

It looks like the all Nothern Ireland match Mark Allen V Joe Swail will not be broadcast live on Eurosport any one have a live stream link for this match - this is ridulous bring on players this late I wouldn't be suprised if Mark Allen or Joe Swail put in a complaint about it. but well done Tom Ford on coming from 3-1 down to beat Jack Lisowki that is now 5-0 in head to head metings for Tom
                Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

Here's one for snooker anohracs the John Higgins V Allister Carter match was John Higgins 1000 snooker match as a professional snooker player since 1992 suprised Phil Yates never metioned it I wonder if he knew.
                  Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

I know you're fond of a midnight finish Ordl, but I think this is the first time I've aver started watching a match post-midnight. I'd like to see Joe do well here but I'll be very surprised if Mark isn't too strong for him.

-
                    The slow and labourious,

Comment

Here you go Mr Snooker:

http://88.80.15.211/b00ha/20130311/v...65-541078.html

-
                      The slow and labourious,

Comment

Playing well is mark, confidence will be running high coming upto the big one....

Nice to see joe...

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                          I know you're fond of a midnight finish Ordl, but I think this is the first time I've aver started watching a match post-midnight.
                          :biggrin: Yeah, midnight finishes have been pretty much guaranteed this week, nice to see a midnight start as well. :smile: I think the last time we had one was the 2009 Welsh Open, when they had all four quarter-finals on one table and the first three matches all took longer than expected. The fourth match was Robertson against Fu, and I think they started way past midnight CET. It wasn't much of a match though, as Fu was out of sorts. :wink:

Comment

Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post
                            John Higgins 1000 snooker match as a professional snooker player since 1992
                            How many has he won out of that 1000 matches?
                            My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                            I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                              How many has he won out of that 1000 matches?
                              693 - http://www.cuetracker.net/pages/play...ason=2012/2013

Comment

That's a great site for stats isn't it. Think it's run by one of our members, visionaire is it? Whoever you are, thanks and keep up the great work.

-
                                The slow and labourious,

Comment

Working...
                                X