2012 Shanghai Masters Qualifying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by LittleMissAlexa View Post
    when Ronnie won the UK Championship in 1993 he didnt have a safety game your safety improves as you age it has to as your potting eye and concentration go
    But as I said, Ronnie's a one off. And I think it's fair to say that Steve Davis's safety game was pretty solid during the early part of his career. So it can be done.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
      Honestly Lex, I think you're a little harsh sometimes, I'm sure things look a lot simpler to us sitting here in our comfy chairs watching while these guys scrap it out for their livelihood. People seem to think that these PTCs are nothing, but there's real pressure out there.

-
      grinding is a tactic to get a player off his game not so you play your best its the equivelent of kicking messi up in the air to show you hes there its like in ur local pub the guy (usually is men) who leaves the pool table for a drink or the loo just as it becomes his turn and does it every time and he always goes to the busiest part of the bar
      Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

its kinda worse when its the selbys and robertsons because they cant even use the its because we have limited talent excuse that ebdon has always used
        Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

LittleMissAlexa, A good player would not be put off by playing a grinder.....
          I played Robby Faldvari in the Nationals...... Best of 7... 5hrs and 55mins............ Did not put me off one bit... Im a fast player i dont muck around, i think if your not worried about whats happening on the table you should be sweet

Comment

Originally Posted by LittleMissAlexa View Post
            grinding is a tactic to get a player off his game not so you play your best its the equivelent of kicking messi up in the air to show you hes there its like in ur local pub the guy (usually is men) who leaves the pool table for a drink or the loo just as it becomes his turn and does it every time and he always goes to the busiest part of the bar
            Nothing wrong with a bit of grinding as far as I'm concerned, perfectly legitimate tactic within the game, always has been and if you can't cope with it, then that's a weakness within your game. Unlike kicking a player up in the air, which is clearly illegal.

-
            The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by lukeh147 View Post
              LittleMissAlexa, A good player would not be put off by playing a grinder.....
              I played Robby Faldvari in the Nationals...... Best of 7... 5hrs and 55mins............ Did not put me off one bit... Im a fast player i dont muck around, i think if your not worried about whats happening on the table you should be sweet
              I take it that you won then?

-
              The slow and labourious,

Comment

IMO there's far too much emphasis on playing quickly these days, all the youngsters seem to want to play like Ronnie, 100 mile an hour, no need to think. But they're not Ronnie, he's a one off, and consequently we end up with players like Trump who seem to start out with virtually no safety game whatsoever.
                -
                I don't see Ronnie as a one off,J Higgins climbed the rankings virtually or just as fast,even Williams,Hendry's safety game at the completion of his 5th year when he won his first wc wasn't better than Brecel's now and a lot of 'journeymen's' safety game's now isn't that great.Brecel now v Hendry in the 90 world final would be tough to call and I don't say that disrespectfully to SH.

Comment

I take it that you won then?

-
                  They're still playing..

Comment

Looking forward to the battle of the Whites tomorrow (that is, if they stream the match - would expect so). Should be a quick paced, attacking affair & one that could go either way

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
                      I don't see Ronnie as a one off
                      Really? When d'you expect the next 5 minute maximum then, and from who?

Seriously though, if you're going to succeed playing without much of a safety game, then you've got to be able to consistently win matches with one visit snooker, which is what separates the players you listed from the rest.

Originally Posted by trains View Post
                      Brecel now v Hendry in the 90 world final would be tough to call
                      I'd have to disagree there, Hendry would have battered Bracel IMO.

-
                      Last edited by PatBlock; 25 July 2012, 12:03 PM.
                      The slow and labourious,

Comment

Nice century from Gilbert in the opening frame......
                        Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                        Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Great start from david b gilbert his 90th ton

Comment

huge possibility of number 91 here

EDIT the cut back looked the better shot the plant was always risky
                            Last edited by LittleMissAlexa; 25 July 2012, 02:06 PM.

Comment

davids always looked good enough to be in the top 16 does he have issues with the mental side of the game?

Comment

He's playing some incredible snooker at the moment. Just made a 142. Amazing rhythm and tempo around the table.

Comment

Working...
                                X