Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Seniors Championship Draw

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • World Seniors Championship Draw

    Sunday 30th of September

    10am

    Steve Meakin v Dessie Sheehan (Q1)
    John Rea v Bill Oliver (Q1)
    Andrew Milliard v Les Dodd (Q1)
    John Leahy v Steve Ventham (Q2)
    Gary Wilkinson v Dean Reynolds (Q2)
    Nigel Bond v Peter Williams (Q2)

    11.30am

    Gary Miller v Jimmy O'Shea (Q3)
    Dave Harold v Ian Brumby (Q3)
    Ashley Beal v Barry West (Q3)
    Tony Brown v Patsy Fagan (Q4)
    Barry Stark v Wayne Jones (Q4)
    Tony Chappell v Stephan Mazrocis (Q4)

    1pm

    Guilio Rea v Steve Meakin/Dessie Sheehan (Q1)
    John Rea/Bill Oliver v Andrew Milliard/Les Dodd (Q1)
    John Leahy/Steve Ventham v Gary Wilkinson/Dean Raynolds (Q2)
    Steve James v Nigel Bond/Peter Williams (Q2)

    2.30pm

    Gary Miller/Jimmy O'Shea v Dave Harold/Ian Brumby (Q3)
    David Roe v Ashley Beal/Barry West (Q3)
    Nigel Gilbert v Tony Brown/Patsy Fagan (Q4)
    Barry Stark/Wayne Jones v Tony Chappell/Stephan Mazrocis (Q4)

    Not Before 5.30pm

    4 x Qualifying Matches


    First Round Draw

    Saturday 27th of October

    1pm

    Darren Morgan v Joe Johnson
    Dennis Taylor v Qualifier 2
    Dene O'Kane v Qualifier 3
    Steve Davis v Cliff Thorburn

    7pm

    Tony Drago v Qualifier 4
    Karl Townsend v Tony Knowles
    Alain Robidoux v Qualifier 1
    Mike Hallett v Jimmy White
    Last edited by PaddyLowson; 20th September 2012, 06:18 PM.

  • #2
    Damn!!!

    I played with most of those guys at one time or another. Or at least 11 out of the first 24 listed, so not quite 'most'.

    Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

    Comment


    • #3
      I would like to see Steve James have a good run. He was one of my favourite players from the 1990s..
      "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

      ALEX HIGGINS

      Comment


      • #4
        I am going to this with my mate who is playing in it . Should be a good day out .
        Neil

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by spike View Post
          I would like to see Steve James have a good run. He was one of my favourite players from the 1990s..
          Agreed Spike but it's unlikely as Steve is in the same section of the draw as Nigel Bond. Shame he didnt get an automatic invite into the main draw ahead of Karl Townsend. Likely qualifiers IMO are Bond, Dave Harold, Stefan Mazrocis and, in the most open section of the draw containing a load of golden oldies, Les Dodd.

          Comment


          • #6
            Thoroughly enjoyed watching this on the TV last year. I do think it could be improved as best of 3 frames is not long for a World Championship final. Toying with whether to actually go to Portsmouth but it might be too expensive for me.

            Comment


            • #7
              Darren Morgan is hitting the ball superb and will take some stopping .

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by PaddyLowson View Post
                Sunday 30th of September

                10am

                Steve Meakin v Dessie Sheehan (Q1)
                John Rea v Bill Oliver (Q1)
                Andrew Milliard v Les Dodd (Q1)
                John Leahy v Steve Ventham (Q2)
                Gary Wilkinson v Dean Reynolds (Q2)
                Nigel Bond v Peter Williams (Q2)

                11.30am

                Gary Miller v Jimmy O'Shea (Q3)
                Dave Harold v Ian Brumby (Q3)
                Ashley Beal v Barry West (Q3)
                Tony Brown v Patsy Fagan (Q4)
                Barry Stark v Wayne Jones (Q4)
                Tony Chappell v Stephan Mazrocis (Q4)

                1pm

                Guilio Rea v Steve Meakin/Dessie Sheehan (Q1)
                John Rea/Bill Oliver v Andrew Milliard/Les Dodd (Q1)
                John Leahy/Steve Ventham v Gary Wilkinson/Dean Raynolds (Q2)
                Steve James v Nigel Bond/Peter Williams (Q2)

                2.30pm

                Gary Miller/Jimmy O'Shea v Dave Harold/Ian Brumby (Q3)
                David Roe v Ashley Beal/Barry West (Q3)
                Nigel Gilbert v Tony Brown/Patsy Fagan (Q4)
                Barry Stark/Wayne Jones v Tony Chappell/Stephan Mazrocis (Q4)

                Not Before 5.30pm

                4 x Qualifying Matches


                First Round Draw

                Saturday 27th of October

                1pm

                Darren Morgan v Joe Johnson
                Dennis Taylor v Qualifier 2
                Dene O'Kane v Qualifier 3
                Steve Davis v Cliff Thorburn

                7pm

                Tony Drago v Qualifier 4
                Karl Townsend v Tony Knowles
                Alain Robidoux v Qualifier 1
                Mike Hallett v Jimmy White
                HI Are these qualiers being streamed maybe someone knows cheers Leonard

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by neil taperell View Post
                  I am going to this with my mate who is playing in it . Should be a good day out .
                  Did I ask you if you were going?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Where is this being played .

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      WSA at Sheffield
                      Neil

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SnookerFan View Post
                        Did I ask you if you were going?
                        I think you asked if i was going to the Main event not the qualifiers . Will be going if my mate gets through .....but he does not have a good draw .
                        Neil

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by the montrealer View Post
                          HI Are these qualiers being streamed maybe someone knows cheers Leonard
                          I don't know, I'm not sure to tell the truth they weren't last year.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X