No announcement yet.

Shanghai Masters Qualifying and Main Draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jamie Jones it is and his in quite good form winning the first frame in one visit after Higgins in and off... but looks like the 2nd frame is going to Higgins now.

Comment

Not bad from Higgins, he looked very impressive after he raised his game. I think he joins Williams as the tournament favourite at this point.

On the other hand, Trump has been very uninspired so far. I don't think he can beat a solid Barry Hawkins with this kind of form.

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
        On the other hand, Trump has been very uninspired so far. I don't think he can beat a solid Barry Hawkins with this kind of form.
        The mid-session interval can do wonders. But, yes, he's been poor and his attitude sucks a bit. Smashing balls on few occasions in frustration.

Comment

Originally Posted by Looki View Post
          The mid-session interval can do wonders. But, yes, he's been poor and his attitude sucks a bit. Smashing balls on few occasions in frustration.
          And here we go, Trump takes control of the match. Looking good for 4-3 now. :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by sberry View Post
            I can't believe he doesn't understand the rule properly and his eyes are good, he was using the ref's inexperience and the fact she cannot explain as quickly and fluently her reasoning as English is her second language albeit spoken very well. She was put under unnecessary pressure in order to disrupt an opponents play and she coped with it well.

It's gamesmanship as much as shouting at your opponent on shot and these days in sport and life if we do it and we're pilloried for it we can simply say we misunderstood, were taken out of context or made a mistake and are sorry but honestly wouldn't do it for that reason.

Nobody doubts the will to win but when it becomes win at any cost it's simply wrong, he knows and we know.
            well said. he has been doing this kind of stuff intentionally (deliberate time wasting being the most obvious) for the better part of a decade. yet there are people in denial who will claim that this is what makes great viewing for snooker.

Comment

Originally Posted by arbitrage View Post
              well said. he has been doing this kind of stuff intentionally (deliberate time wasting being the most obvious) for the better part of a decade. yet there are people in denial who will claim that this is what makes great viewing for snooker.
              Have you considered professional help? There must be a pill that makes you want to write something else once in a while...

Comment

So, decent lineup for the 2nd round then. The matches I'm most looking forward to are Williams-Walden, Trump-Allen and Maguire-Carter. :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by Guy3103 View Post
                  Jamie Jones it is and his in quite good form winning the first frame in one visit after Higgins in and off... but looks like the 2nd frame is going to Higgins now.
                  Just got home, but it seems eurosport hasn't aired the Jamie Jones match...so it's over to Lee - Campbell. Or should I start with the Neil Robertson match?

Whoops, nevermind...the Jamie Jones match is on now!
                  Last edited by daffie; 19 September 2012, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Might be wrong but i think barry hawkins has just replaced martin gould into the top sixteen
                    Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

[QUOTE=arbitrage;668706]exactly. no one likes cheats like him - and he has been getting away with it for the better part of a decade.

Doesn't seem to have helped him very much though judging by his results in the last 6 or 7 years ....

Comment

Originally Posted by crocodile View Post
                        Doesn't seem to have helped him very much though judging by his results in the last 6 or 7 years ....
                        Only Higgins, O'Sullivan and Robertson have won more ranking titles than Peter Ebdon in the last six years. :wink:

Comment

[QUOTE=crocodile;668956]
                          exactly. no one likes cheats like him - and he has been getting away with it for the better part of a decade.

2012 china open is a prime example of how he cheats to win.

Comment

How did he cheat? By playing a better match than his opponent, making a couple of centuries along the way? That *******!

Comment

[QUOTE=arbitrage;668962]
                              Originally Posted by crocodile View Post

Cheating would have to involve playing shots that are not allowed under the rules. As much as i dislike his style of play without a shot clock, he didn't cheat.
                              Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

[QUOTE=Giggity1984;668985]

Cheating would have to involve playing shots that are not allowed under the rules. As much as i dislike his style of play without a shot clock, he didn't cheat.
                                from wiki - "When The Times described his slow play as 'cheating', he attempted to sue them for libel and lost" (ref. article The Times published in 2005 after ebdon's antics at 2005 WSC QF vs ronnie o'sullivan.

therefore, i will continue to use the label 'cheating' with regards to his deliberate slow play.

Comment

Working...
                                X