No announcement yet.

The China Open starts on Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superb response from Robertson, back to 4-4 now. Maguire was in the balls in the last two frames, but got the split wrongs both times, and Robertson has taken his chances.

This is the first really good match at the business end of this tournament. :smile:

Comment

• Shame on you all for not watching this cracking match! A lovely 110 clearance from Robertson to force the decider. :smile:

Comment

• Anytime Maguire plays hit & hope it's like he pushes the self-destrcution button. I know he's struggling against bad luck and this must be very frustrating but if only he could play a real defensive shot instead, maybe he'd still be on the table to win 6-4. Now it's 5-5 and he's got a decider to handle...

Comment

• I currently don't have access to the tv as my family have hijacked it so updates would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

• Well well well. I said just three days ago that I couldn't recall a game of snooker in which luck had been decisive, but maybe this one could count. I fear the best player of the day didn't win..

Comment

• can't believe maggie missed about a dozen opportunities to win the match .... what is more irritating was the fact that he was playing so well otherwise but could never quite kill it. Well done Robbo for keep fighting. However, I guess Selby would eat either of these for breakfast simply because he always plays the rights hot and never misses an important ball.

Comment

• This was the last of these best-of-11 semi-finals this season, and in my opinion, it was the best! Superb match, both players playing some one-visit stuff, and both punishing their opponent when missing. Completely different than Selby-Murphy this morning.

Well played to Neil Robertson, he really held his nerve in the last two frames, and in the two frames from 4-2 down as well. Maguire didn't crack either, he was still getting good pots towards the end, but he just played a couple of loose splits and cannons, and it cost him a couple of frames. He didn't really miss anything towards the end.

So, it's another Robertson-Selby final. And just like at the Masters, it's Robertson that has impressed me more during the week. I have a feeling he will produce it in the final tomorrow as well. :smile:

Comment

• I think it'll be a matter of who wants it more tomorrow. And I think it's Robertson.

Comment

• Okay. Another Robertson-Selby final. I think I'll skip it.

Comment

• Originally Posted by brusque View Post
                      can't believe maggie missed about a dozen opportunities to win the match .... what is more irritating was the fact that he was playing so well otherwise but could never quite kill it. Well done Robbo for keep fighting. However, I guess Selby would eat either of these for breakfast simply because he always plays the rights hot and never misses an important ball.
                      I thought the standard was superb. Admittedly, I only started watching at 4-2 to Maguire but I can't remember either of them missing a ball from there. Great clearances under pressure from both players, especially Neil to get back from 4-2 to 4-4 and then pretty much one visit stuff in the last three frames.

Hopefully Neil can find a way to win tomorrow. Really think he deserves a title for his performances this year.

Comment

• not taking opportunities does not necessarily mean missing pots. Maguire had chances in every frame to kill the match but he made mistakes. Missing cannons, terrible safeties, hit and hopes and so on. He had it in the bag but he is no Selby/Higgins/Robbo and that is why he is out otherwise he was the better of the two today.

Originally Posted by Where's Willie? View Post
                        I thought the standard was superb. Admittedly, I only started watching at 4-2 to Maguire but I can't remember either of them missing a ball from there. Great clearances under pressure from both players, especially Neil to get back from 4-2 to 4-4 and then pretty much one visit stuff in the last three frames.

Hopefully Neil can find a way to win tomorrow. Really think he deserves a title for his performances this year.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                          Okay. Another Robertson-Selby final. I think I'll skip it.
                          I think it's interesting.

But yeah, there are a few people who should adopt you approach and just skip it instead of watching it and then whining how much they hate both players and the way they play...

Comment

• Originally Posted by Looki View Post
                            I think it's interesting.

But yeah, there are a few people who should adopt you approach and just skip it instead of watching it and then whining how much they hate both players and the way they play...
                            I love watching snooker but Selby bores me to tears. I really don't like his style of play and unless Robbo steam rollers him. I'm just not interested in watching Selby negatively playing his way to another win.

Comment

• Two best players in the world this season in another final. Should be a cracker.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Gerry Armstrong View Post
                                Two best players in the world this season in another final. Should be a cracker.
                                really dont know how you come to that conclusion , THE SPOILS HAVE BEEN SHARED RIGHT ACROSS THE BOARD AND NO TWO OR THREE PLAYERS HAVE DOMINATED , n thats how its going to be for now .

Comment

Working...
                                X