Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by sberry View Post
    A possible 11 frames starting at 8pm

Judging by last night that could go on well past 1am. We're getting fresh snow in london, it's packing and icing up and public transport wil stop at midnight - good luck if you're driving in for the final session.
    It has been mentioned many times in the past about the starting times of the final, why 2pm and 8pm when all previous days of the tournament have been 1pm and 7 pm, and the follow-on effect of late/early finishes.
    I am sure it is connected to the past and the BBC Sunday football schedule but it could be changed without afftecting much nowadays, ?
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• I've had a bet . Either player to win 10-9 . Hope it's a long match !
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
        I've had a bet . Either player to win 10-9 . Hope it's a long match !
        That seems a very believable scoreline.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          It has been mentioned many times in the past about the starting times of the final, why 2pm and 8pm when all previous days of the tournament have been 1pm and 7 pm, and the follow-on effect of late/early finishes.
          I am sure it is connected to the past and the BBC Sunday football schedule but it could be changed without afftecting much nowadays, ?
          There's no reason it couldn't have started at half six or seven, wouldn't have clashed with anything.

Problem if it goes to an early morning finish it will be problems for people travelling and like the British GP at Silverstone, it's not their fault if it rains but if they don't do everything they can to avoid bad news stories for spectators, they could lose it.

Couple of bad shows at Ally Pally and that will be looked at, I'm sure China would like to offer more prize money in return for a couple of wild cards.

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
            I've had a bet . Either player to win 10-9 . Hope it's a long match !
            Neil, good luck with your bet
            Are you not there in person? Is it not that far from you?

Comment

• http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/s...GlvbnM-;_ylv=3

Comment

• Originally Posted by Valiullin View Post
                The complete and utter disrespect for others' opinion that you and other Selby "likers" show is mind-boggling....

Nope. You're getting mad at them, obviously. You wouldn't answer otherwise.

Lots of people proved so excited that they left the arena. Graeme Dott summed everything up perfectly in this :
                http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/s...005724153.html

If Selby's worth any kind of respect then Graeme Dott is as well. I wonder what you can answer to him.

EXCELLENT POST. and graeme dott is 100% bang on

Comment

• Back again!

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                    Yup he needs to wake up fast or else I'm afraid Selby will take him to bed
                    Shame on you daffie they're both happily married...
                    Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

@Patblock...that wasn't me in the crowd with the 'we love Hazel' tshirt on
                      Haha, I did wonder.

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                      Yes it's a strange one that isn't it. Wouldn't ba at all surprised to find you were right about
                      the reason for it being burried somewhere in the annals of history, seems to make little sense today.

This is bubbling up nicely isn't it. Somewhere near even after the first session would be great, fingers crossed. Glad and a little surprised to see how energetic Selby looks, just hope last night doesn't start to catch up with him as we move further into the match.

-
                      The fast and the furious,
                      The slow and labourious,
                      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
                        Shame on you daffie they're both happily married...
                        Putting words in my mouth again you naughty boy

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                          Haha, I did wonder.

Yes it's a strange one that isn't it. Wouldn't ba at all surprised to find you were right about
                          the reason for it being burried somewhere in the annals of history, seems to make little sense today.

This is bubbling up nicely isn't it. Somewhere near even after the first session would be great, fingers crossed. Glad and a little surprised to see how energetic Selby looks, just hope last night doesn't start to catch up with him as we move further into the match.

-
                          Yes me too to be honest...he looks not tired at all and really up for it...focused. As I said earlier, he seems wanting to prove something, atm he's like a man possessed

Comment

Yes me too to be honest...he looks not tired at all and really up for it...focused. As I said earlier, he seems wanting to prove something, atm he's like a man possessed
                            Maybe he's been reading this thread and all the love has spurred him on. :wink:

-
                            The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                              Haha, I did wonder.

-
                              I think I read it in Clive Everton's great book.

Comment

Putting words in my mouth again you naughty boy
                                There's definitely a joke there, but maybe not for this forum...

-
                                The slow and labourious,

Comment

Working...
                                X