• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    Err you mean baize
    C'mon Selby
    I'm rooting for Robertson for these first 4 frames

Btw I still get this strong feeling that Selby is working very hard to show everyone his *other side*. He is being labeled by many as overly slow and playing a less than positive game...he wants to prove everybody wrong tonight!

Mark my words!
    Last edited by daffie; 20 January 2013, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• Robbo needs to win the next 2 frames to stay in this . Really needs to win the session 3-1 . Can't see him doing it though .
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• wtf he goes in off but flukes the red also

Comment

• Originally Posted by Masterdoctorgenius View Post
          lucker selby

left a red over the pocket but coverd it

big lucker, hopefully he never wins the world championship

would be the worst ambassador for the sport
          Yes not a lot of people take notice if the little rubs he gets but he does seem to ride his luck more than any other player right now. Even the shot there when he went in off he fluked the red to leave Neil a much tougher red but fortunately he potted it. Now Neil has a kick on the brown which costs him position leaving a tricky red. It never rains but it pours.

Selby plays a loose safety flicks the blue leaving Robertson chinese snookered! I just wish Selby's army of fans at least acknowledge the huge run of luck he has and not try and make out its all hard matchplay stuff.
          Last edited by cueman; 20 January 2013, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
            There's also the small matter of their last meeting for Robertson to deal with and
            amasingly (If i'm wrong blame cuetracker.net.) the last time they met for anything significant before then was the 2006 Welsh Open, which Selby also won. Even adding the short stuff (Championship league & Premier League) to their head-to-heads still leaves Robertson the wrong side of 80% v 20%. So yes, it will be very interesting to see how it all pans out tonight. I can't wait. -
            I think you're right about that Pat. Definately a different Robertson tonight. It's almost like Robertson is intimidated by Selby and can't stamp his authority on the game and his opponent, like he normally quite often does. He hasn't had that air of superiority in this match so far.

Comment

• I make Robbo right for not going for the red with the rest . He was giving Selby too many chances in the previous frames .

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                I make Robbo right for not going for the red with the rest . He was giving Selby too many chances in the previous frames .
                Don't blame him for turning it down but ultimately its cost him a chance at the frame, he had a good lead and only need 3 or 4 reds, now Selby is right back in it and likely to clear up.

Comment

• Just the way he has been playing ...didn't fancy him getting it

Comment

• Too risky from Robertson taking on that red down the rail into the green pocket. He might pay the price.

Comment

• Robertson looks resigned to defeat...definitely not up to the task I'm afraid.

Comment

• Going to be an early night

Comment

• match over, Robertson extremely unlucky at the attempted red, can't believe that never dropped, these pockets are extremely unforgiving. He may as well just go for everything now, nothing to lose. Just like the UK I said it early door that Selby's name was on the trophy, after the comeback against Bingham I expected the same too. Surely his run has to end soon, its the biggest run of luck I've ever known and Hendry and Davis had a fair bit of it during their best eras.

Comment

• Afraid so I'm really trying to stay positive here, but Selby in this form and frame of mind, Robertson needs to play twice better than he has done so far. I don't see it happen...and it would be an unsatisfying end to a great tournament. But...who knows?
                            Last edited by daffie; 20 January 2013, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• Against my better judgement I'm back watching it again and It's not looking good for Robertson.

See Selby is up to his old tricks by leaving the arena for minutes on end. Very unsporting.

Comment

• That red that Selby potted there was hit harder and wider than the red Robertson missed the previous frame, how is that even possible?

Comment

Working...
                                X