Welsh Open 2013 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by wmccreedy View Post
    Don't think Judd has the bottle needed. Seems to crack when put under pressure I'm afraid...... I admire his talent but does appear to be a bottler
    No its not bottle or lack of, I think its purely determination and perhaps a little bit too inpatient. At the moment he is playing one match where he looks determined, the Dale match for instance. 3-1 down, not playing great but battled to get back in by playing good safety and being more patient.

Tonight he's started pretty well but then Maguire has just sort of taken control without doing much. Okay Judd hasn't had a great run of the ball (again), but at times you need to play your way back into the match but all he has done is push the boat out and its gifted maguire more table time which Judd needs.

Sometimes you have to play a tactical or safety game just to stop your opponents rythmn, this is where Judd needs to get the balance right in his game. Its no good relying on your A game all the time, you can't pot every long ball and expect everytime you go into the pack to fall perfect on the reds. Tonight Judd has been in nearly every frame, opened the reds, fell awkward and rather than take his medicine he has tried to pot a ball which is probably 6/10, missed and let Maguire in for a relatively easy clearance. Maguire must think its his birthday!

Comment

• 2 absolute dolly starters for Trump to get one back - must be his birthday too!!

Comment

• Maguire wastes two easy winning opportunities stupidly. Hope it's not gonna be too costly for him.

Comment

• Mags birthday... lol.

rollseyes too...

Comment

• Originally Posted by Valiullin View Post
            Maguire wastes two easy winning opportunities stupidly. Hope it's not gonna be too costly for him.
            absolutely, maybe the pressure starting to get to him now he can see the winning line, messing up that red and landing on the pink was criminal, so much margin for error and that should have been frame and match. Its his to lose really but the last player you want to give a chance to is Judd.

Comment

• 5-4... i fear the worst for Maguire now

Comment

5-4... i fear the worst for Maguire now
                Still gotta fancy him though. He's not going to go 3 frames without 1 chance to win it, now he has two frames to get a chance, if he gets one and misses then he only has himself to blame.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                  Still gotta fancy him though. He's not going to go 3 frames without 1 chance to win it, now he has two frames to get a chance, if he gets one and misses then he only has himself to blame.
                  I personnally already stopped watcing the game. Final result : Trump by 6 frames to 5. Discussion over

Comment

I personnally already stopped watcing the game. Final result : Trump by 6 frames to 5. Discussion over
                    That is a bit defeatest isn't it. Here is the chance, I doubt he'll miss. Judd took a risk trying to play the snooker there though Maguire was very lucky the shot before not leaving a red after a poor safety.

Comment

• cueman .. seems like u have played a bit of snooker so u know what u r talking about ... i fully agree with u ... mags has not played exceptional at all .. Judd has been gifting him frame after frame simply because Judd does not know what is the right shot to play in certain situations. This game aint all about potting balls.

Comment

• Don't encourage him mun....

Comment

• To be fair I know more than most on here!

Two similar players in the final tomorrow, would prefer to see Maguire win it as I think he has played the better this week and is overdue a ranking tournament victory. Think their styles may well lead to some scrappy frames though, hope I'm wrong.
                          Last edited by cueman; 16 February 2013, 10:32 PM.

Comment

• Meh looks like I'm definitely a suckage at predicting scores

Comment

• Well, nice to see Trump setting up a bit of a comeback. But Maguire was better today, somewhat expectedly...

Comment

• This is what it's like in mag's head..

Last edited by cally; 16 February 2013, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X