No announcement yet.

World Snooker Championships Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just back to see Trump miss....and leave everything safe. He does that more than any player I've ever seen.

Murphy has to win this frame IMO.

Comment

• It's not that Trump's playing very good; his positional play is pretty bad, but it's just that Shaun Murphy has completely lost it...
      Box the chimp.

Comment

• As a ROS fan, that's sickening....

Hopefully Murphy can pull something out of the bag tommorow. Can't see it though.
        Last edited by Ronnie's tip; 30 April 2013, 10:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
          Just back to see Trump miss....and leave everything safe. He does that more than any player I've ever seen.

Murphy has to win this frame IMO.
          Actually, Murphy was doing that a lot in the morning session as well. Seems to me that you're just noticing it more because he has this unfair label as a 'luck' player.

Anyway, pretty pleased to see it go 8-8. Good to see Trump stuck in their after going 7-2. He should be winning this tomorrow now.
          Last edited by P.Smith; 30 April 2013, 08:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by P.Smith View Post
            Actually, Murphy was doing that a lot in the morning session as well. Seems to me that you're just noticing it more because he has this unfair label as a 'luck' player.

Anyway. Pretty pleased to see it go 8-8. Good to see Trump stuck in their after going 7-2. He should be winning this tomorrow now.
            To be honest I didn't watch the first session. Trump definitely seems to get more 'run' than most players, though I put that more down to how hard he hits the ball and how good he is at getting the white back up to the table. There's a good chance he'll fluke something or snooker his opponent on an easy red.

Comment

• Does anyone know why the Ding Hawkins match has successive sessions at the expense of Walden and White,is it because of the Chinese audience? Not overly fair there eh?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Pude View Post
                Winning an event in bongo-bongo land in front of one man and his dead cat with none of the top 16 competing won’t exactly launch a career however much the boys at Eurosport dress it up and for me this does risk snooker becoming spread too thinly and the calendar being 60% dirge and 40% proper tournaments.
                That made me laugh!

Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
                As ROS, that's sickening....

Hopefully Murphy can pull something out of the bag tommorow. Can't see it though.
                What does that first sentence even mean?? And what has ROS got to do with the Murphy match?
                Last edited by Billy; 30 April 2013, 10:03 PM.
                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                  That made me laugh!

It made me say ho hum on comparing things now to the Rodney Walker era.

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post
                    It made me say ho hum on comparing things now to the Rodney Walker era.
                    Sorry, not clear there. Are you saying things were better or worse back then?
                    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                      That made me laugh!

What does that first sentence even mean?? And what has ROS got to do with the Murphy match?
                      Apologies, my phone messed up. Meant to say "As a ROS fan....", because he can beat Murphy, but he won't beat Trump.

Comment

• not much faith in Ronnie then to say you're his fan!

Ronnie won the last match vs Trump, plus his head is screwed on now, so see him beating either of those.

Comment

Apologies, my phone messed up. Meant to say "As a ROS fan....", because he can beat Murphy, but he won't beat Trump.
                          Oh, I see. Anyway, why do you say he won't beat Trump? Do you mean in general or just at this year's WC?

Comment

To be honest I didn't watch the first session. Trump definitely seems to get more 'run' than most players, though I put that more down to how hard he hits the ball and how good he is at getting the white back up to the table. There's a good chance he'll fluke something or snooker his opponent on an easy red.
                            My impression is that Trump has bad luck too. If you'd seen the first session you'd have seen some of it. Many of the wild looking misses on long reds are played as shots-to-nothing, so it's not just luck when the balls go safe. That's how he plays them, which is not just luck.

It seems to me Trump is the only player with a hope of challenging O'Sullivan. Last year we missed out on a Trump/O'Sullivan final thanks in part to Trump being unwell. Great as it is to see Ronnie playing sublime snooker it would be more interesting if someone could give him a match this year.

I'm looking forward to an epic semi-final. Trump v O'Sullivan would for me be the best World Championship semi-final match up since Kirk Stevens v Jimmy White in 1984. Maybe even since White v Alex Higgins in 1982.

Comment

• O'Sullivan v Trump has the makings of being one of the greatest and most unpredictable matches in snooker history. Ronnie has certainly played his way in to the Championship and is now sharp. Having got though his opening 2 rounds, his freshness could work handsomely in his favour. I do feel that Judd is the only man still standing with the game to beat him.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
                                I do feel that Judd is the only man still standing with the game to beat him.
                                I'm hoping for a Trump v Ding final personally. Ronnie likes to play down finals and pretend none of it matters. I dunno, this is probably how he DOES see these big occasions, but I fear he'd probably under-perform or lose interest.
                                Last edited by Billy; 1 May 2013, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X