World Snooker Championships Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    I'm going to stick my neck out here and say he didn't play it. I think he was just trying to sit the white on the cushion alongside the black. He could only do this by playing thin off the pink the way he did, thus the pink going where it did was merely fortuitous.
    I reckon you'd be sticking your neck in the wrong line there bud...... Definitely played the way he pushed the pink towards the black and using the black as a stopper if needed, great shot all intended imo!!
    Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
    Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

• What a genius!
      Box the chimp.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Holden Chinaski View Post

What a genius!
        The more I look at the shot. The more I think he deliberately played it that way. He aimed the pink so it would be to the right and on top of the black and he put a trace of side on the cue ball so that it would stop on the black.

I wish I had his snooker brain.

Comment

• There is left hand side on the cue ball. He would have played it that way anyhow to get the cue ball on the black cushion, behind the pink was a possible bonus in Ronnies opinion, IMO.
          JP Majestic
          3/4
          57"
          17oz
          9.5mm Elk

Comment

• Much better match than I expected so far. Good quality from both players. Both are playing better than they did in their semis imo.

Comment

• Originally Posted by P.Smith View Post
              Much better match than I expected so far. Good quality from both players. Both are playing better than they did in their semis imo.
              Kicks have halved for some reason. Noticed that the temperature guage on the table heater showed 50 degrees yesterday whereas in the semis it showed 60. That alongside a slightly thicker cloth has slowed the table down and produced less kicks.
              Now is it the new balls that kick or the conditions that make them kick or has someone nipped down to the shops and bought a set of basic TC's for the final with the new balls are consigned to the bin ?

Comment

• Interesting you say that, I had a match at a local club, very good table, quick, good cushions, runs true, home to century makers, etc. On the night we played the heating was stuck on and it was toasty (as a fat man, I didn't appreciate this), we were getting about 3-4 kicks a frame. I've never had a kick on that table in ~20 frames outside of that.

Though I did find it interesting how Judd got kicks but Ronnie didn't, did it finish at 10-0 to Judd? That's quite a large number to be a coincidence.

Comment

• Just saw the end of that equestrian program and Clare Balding just said 'We'll have to go now for the final of the world masters championship.' You'd think she'd at least know the name of the bloody tournament, it's not too hard to remember!
                  "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

• Good heres Rob Walker, now to hit mute so I don't have to listen to his Pish.

Comment

• Hopefully ROS can kick on. Come on!

Barry Hawkins has looked really good this tournament, bar the last few frames. I suspect he'll come out firing.

edit:

Only 5 minutes of build up....wow.

Comment

• How could Ronnie not enjoy that kind of reception? What's wrong with that guy?

Comment

• Originally Posted by FerruleFox View Post
                          How could Ronnie not enjoy that kind of reception? What's wrong with that guy?
                          Miserable looking is an understatement.

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                            Miserable looking is an understatement.
                            Seems like a pretty good job, doesn't it?

Comment

• Some fantastic pots by ROS here. Lot of positional errors though.

And he makes another as I say this...chance gone.

Comment

• Huge chance now for Hawkins. 2 misses in a row by ROS.

Should win the frame.

Comment

Working...
                                X