No announcement yet.

World Snooker Championships Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This has been the biggest statement of all his world titles.

All the others he showed that, at his best, he's the best. This year he showed that even when he's not on his A game, he's still the best player in the world.

Comment

• Well done Barry. Just your luck to meet the best snooker player of all time near the peak of his game.

Comment

• Match over.....10 minutes later....we're off air!!

It's just ridiculous. Why not go back into the lounge area and review the tournament with Hendry and Docherty? Review great moments/shots. Talk about individual players ect.

Comment

• Congrats to Barry Hawkins for being such a class act, but Ronnie O'Sullivan is the best in the world!

Congratulations Ronnie!
          Box the chimp.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
            This has been the biggest statement of all his world titles.

All the others he showed that, at his best, he's the best. This year he showed that even when he's not on his A game, he's still the best player in the world.
            Not at his best?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
              Match over.....10 minutes later....we're off air!!

It's just ridiculous. Why not go back into the lounge area and review the tournament with Hendry and Docherty? Review great moments/shots. Talk about individual players ect.
              Yep real shame
              "Practice Makes Perfect"
              "He Who Endures Conquers"
              "Fortune Favours The Brave"

1 piece Trevor White 8.5mm Tip,17 1/2oz,57"

Comment

• Well done Ronnie!
                "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

• Originally Posted by sh1234 View Post
                  Not at his best?
                  Well. I remember once when he potted his first red and asked the referee if there was a prize for a 147. That's how good he was and how confident he was of his ability. On that day. He reached new heights.

Comment

• Well played Ronnie O'sullivan..... Love him or hate him you can't knock him after what has just done there, fantastic achievement!!

And hats off to Barry Hawkins what a great fight he put up!!
                    Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                    Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

• Did anyone else find the first few moments of Ronnie's chat with Hazel a bit embarrassing? I'm talking about his praise of Barry Hawkins, especially when he said he (Hawkins) made the game look so easy. No, Ronnie, that's what they all say about you. It was all a bit awkward, really.
                      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• That whores draws comments gonna cost him 250 sheets ha ha, what a player!!!
                        After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

• Well played Ronnie, again he turned it on it at least one session in every match. Almost made it through out the tournament without behind till 2-3 in this match and then almost won every opening frame in every session bar the last 2 i think.

I didn't think he would manage it this year , you could say he had it quite easy once all the top 8 were out but you can only play whoever is at the table I guess and he did that.

Lets hope he comes back next year.

Comment

• It was certainly a better final than I expected. Hawkins managed to reproduce his form from Australia at the start of the season, making a number of classy breaks, but O'Sullivan was not quite within his reach. He did push him to play his best though, as opposed to the 2008 and 2012 World finals, where both players just went through the motions.

I guess it's fair to say this wasn't really a classic tournament. Most of the big contenders out early, fairly mediocre standard of play and almost no close matches, but it still had its moments. :wink:

Comment

• Neil Robertson on twitter:

"Awesome stuff by Ronnie! Responded to everything Barry threw at him, what a great final! Ronnie by far the best player in the world"

Ali Carter on Twitter:

"Got to hand it to the best player of all time in my view! Ronnie O'sullivan."

article-2320378-19A6452F000005DC-25_634x441.jpg
                              Box the chimp.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                                Did anyone else find the first few moments of Ronnie's chat with Hazel a bit embarrassing? I'm talking about his praise of Barry Hawkins, especially when he said he (Hawkins) made the game look so easy. No, Ronnie, that's what they all say about you. It was all a bit awkward, really.
                                Ronnie always does that. It's either very respectful or very vain. Perhaps a bit of both.

Comment

Working...
                                X